Petco Responds To My Letter!

Exiled

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Check this out!!!!! I got a response to my letter to the President of Petco! It worked! :nod: B)

Hello Lee,

I am the Regional Companion Animal Coordinator for Petco in the New England area. I was made aware of your concern in the Farmington store. Since your visit I have made a visit to the store myself to ensure all of your concerns were addressed. I would like to take this opportunity to meet up with at the store to discuss any issues you may have with the Farmington store. Please feel free to call me at 858-761-4448 or email me at [email protected] if you would like to meet up or just discuss any concerns you may have.

Thanks and I look forward to talking to you.

Scott Coleman

RCAC

New England

here's a link to the post about the letter:
Defender of the Fishes!

that's a good response letter to be fair. i don't think that the people at the top of these companies want to harm fish, more that the people that run the individual shops have quota's etc and they hire morons(which doesn't help)

i suggest meeting with him close to the shop and then walking him round, with a camera, highlighting what's wrong.

Wow, you know what I am going to right one to my PETCO too. I hate how they mistreat the fishies in peculier ways :sad:

They feed them once a day, mixed fish

tattered fins, dead fish

surprisngly the wamart near me has some good stock

Nice job exiled!! i'm rooting for you to show that dude who's boss (and what's wrong with the store :p )

Very nice to see that some people truly do care about more than money in the world! Hey, who knows, maybe you will get some free stuff or a discount out of it! Maybe he will ask if you want to get a job there? All typesof things may happen if you meet with him, but most of all, the degree of fish care will be drastically changed!

In relation to hiring, Petco does not have quotas, nor does petsmart. I'm not sure what the purpose of bringing a camera to the meeting is for, that will not only offend the person, but you will probably not be allowed to use it, good job on writing the letter, thats what those people are there for, to locate problem areas and fix them

Exiled
I'm very impressed with your attitude and the manner by which you are trying to do something about this matter.
you have shown us all that just moaning on this, and other boards, will acheive nothing, but posative action will.

Thanks for posting petcos response an please keep us udated after your meeting.

In relation to hiring, Petco does not have quotas, nor does petsmart. I'm not sure what the purpose of bringing a camera to the meeting is for, that will not only offend the person, but you will probably not be allowed to use it, good job on writing the letter, thats what those people are there for, to locate problem areas and fix them

i meant sales quota's/targets per period. i'm sure if any investigative person worth their salt wants to change things then they will need photographic evidence of things. to report back to their bosses saying that numerous bad things are happening with no physical proof wouldn't be clever. so probably not a good idea to take pics yourself, just make sure he does.

to report back to their bosses saying that numerous bad things are happening with no physical proof wouldn't be clever. so probably not a good idea to take pics yourself, just make sure he does

I've worked in places that have a company structure like Petco. In fact, the manager of our local Petco was a coworker of mine at Ernst before they went under. If they know one of the upper ups is coming to town, the manager tells the employees and the employees naturally mop the place spotless before he ever sets foot in the front door. If I were you, I'd walk in there with a camera phone tomorrow, don't say squat to the employees & start shooting pics before you even set up the meeting with him.

The coworkers I've had in the past, and I as well were very good at making a store look like the shining company example within a day.

Just my $.02...feel free to disregard if you'd like.

Todd

WOOHOO!!!! :kana:
I hope this inspires other members who constantly complain about the horrid state of their lfs, to take some action instead of whining about it all day in silly rants.

Yes, we all know you don't like your pet -smart, -co, -world, etc... Now do something about it. Truly commendable work exiled.

I think shaddai is onto something. If he indeed already did visit the store, I would give it a week or so, then go take some pics after the store has had time to fall back into their usual habits. If things do get bad at teh Petco again, take him up on his offer, and if things are magically spotless again, show him the pics.

Most reactions

Back