Petco Or Petsmart

K.J.

LUK ITS A FUZBALL
Reaction score
Sorry, only for US residents ;) since I don't know of another chain store besides Pets@Home in the UK and how can you pick between one? :lol:

Anyhow, which do you like better? TBH I like Petsmart for the plants and stock, such as filters and heaters. But Petco for the livestock and tanks. Petco also has Marine, LR and DW, but nonaquatic plants.

We have both in town. The Petco does seem to have healthier looking fish, but help can be extremely difficult to get. Petsmart has always had at least one person stationed with the fish every time I go in there, and one or two of the fish station people do have *some* idea of what they are talking about.

I usually try to check both to see which has the healthiest looking fish of whatever type I want. Petco also carries saltwater fish which Petsmart (at least the one in my town) do not.

i like petsmart better because they have better deals and healthier fish. ive never had a problem buying fish from them. i still have some alive from 4 years back :good: . 2 new petcos just opened up within a 5 mile radius of me, and the first week their fish were really really healthy. its like a month and a half later and all their stuff is dead, and their live rock has all this white hairlike algae growing off of it :crazy:

i like them both petsmart for thier tanks, pet foods, and things of that sort. while on the other hand the petco near me usually has better looking live stock, but both of the last two managers have been a real ....... when you find something seriously wrong and they look at you like you are stupid and that there is nothing wrong with the animal or fish that you are talking about. i find the employees i deal with at petsmart are a bit more friendly and willing to listen hen you mention something about thier fish and other animals.

I have found some people at Petsmart to be more helpful than others, and the same with Petco.

I've never bought a fish from Petco - in fact, all of mine are from Petsmart - and with health issues, you can't do better, any hint of something wrong with the fish within 14 days and they'll replace or refund. I've never had any problems with them. The only thing Petco has going for it right now is they're closer, and have female bettas almost all the time. I'll probably try them the next time I go fish shopping, but I can't say they had healthier looking fish, cause they were out of stock on a bunch of diff fish last time I went.

Neither....

saynotopetsmartco.jpg

My Petco is DISGUSTING :sick: , they constantly have ich, there are always dead and dying fish in their tanks, and the employees know zilch.

My local Petsmart is pretty nice, it's usually where I get my fish and supplies for them and the cats. Their employees aren't that knowledgeable, but they do have a few good ones.

I only have a Petsmart near me. I have only been to Petco once, to buy a hamster cage, I didn't look at the fish. I have never bought a fish at Petsmart.

I like my local pet store for fish. That's where I got Chase from. But I'd definitely consider getting fish from Petsmart in the future.

in my opinion, both have absolutely atrocious fish.
ive never had anything from them live more than a couple months...
i prefer either my lfs, or Petland if you have one near you.

NEVER buy feeder fish from petco or petsmart....theyll live a couple of days at MOST.

however, ive bought feeders from petland and had them last 3 months!

Not to jump on the bandwagon but i say neither aswell. However, If for the sake of this post, I was forced to go to one, it would have to be petsmart (only because the one by me isnt AS disgusting as the petco). :sick: :sick: :sick:

Drew

I like petsmart. I've bought all my platies there I dont like their guppies though. I prefer to buy them off aquabid
I've found the people who work at my petsmart to know loads more then the people who work at my petco

I don't have a Petland near me, but even if I did, I would NEVER buy anything from them! :angry: They sell puppies. :angry:

I have one thing to say about all shops like this
b54a60e9.jpg

ha ha, nice one the-wolf. i dont have a pet-co near me but the petsmart across the road isnt bad. there is one a half hour drive away that is of very good standard.

Most reactions

Back