Pet Smart Not So Smart....

OK how do you guys get them quote box's, never seems to work?

Copy and paste the text you want to quote in the message box. Highlight it and click the
quote.gif
button above.

Thanks for the info guys.

wow i go to a local petstore in my city then a chain of 3 almost striclty fish stores called RMS really major savings corny name i know but their stores are like warehouses and they have tons of fish i have never had a fish die from them or any of the petstores by me howevr i never buy fish from WALMART or Pet supples plus dont know of you guys heard of them but sometimes petsupermarket isnt bad

First of all, sorry to read of all your troubles. Secondly can I just explain why a lot of fish get Ich as soon as they reach home even if there is no sign of it in the shop. Ich is present in practically all fish tanks, even the most healthiest of them. Transporting fish, the change of temperature and different water conditions all add to stressing the fish completely. Stressed fish are much more suspectable to catching diseases, especially Ich. The best way to keep stress to a minimum is to transport the fish as quickly as possible, making sure that they have enough oxygen in the bag and that they are in the dark (their bag should be put into either a closed container or a dark bag) and once at home, float them in their bag for about 20-30 mins to enable the bag temperature to even up to the tank temperature, turn of the tank lights for a day or so and keep feeding to an absolute minimum. Hope this helps for the future.

:/ I agree except that I think you are also suppose to add a little water to the inside if the bad to let the fish adjust to the tanks water over a min. of half an hour :hey:

Here petsmart has way too many sick fishes. Petco has better/healthy fishes. But however petco's merchandaise is very expensive and petsmart is way cheaper... so i just buy my fishes at petco and buy my mercandaise at petsmart.

Its just the oposite here. I guess it really depends on the individual store and the products they sell. I've also had luck getting Petsmart to match prices from Bigals online, and got a master test kit for almost half the price they wanted for it. :hey:

ya you should put your bag that has you fish in the tank and every 15 min. add a little water from your tank and do this for about an hour i have done this every time i have gotten fish and none have died on me

:crazy: I had bought some platies from the petsmart store and did not realize they had "ich" till i got then home. Took those dudes straight back and had a fit....got the money back plus more and a free gift card :hyper:

Most reactions

Back