Percula 90 Lighting Problems?

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Reaction score
Ok - so I think my dad is definatly having the AquaMedic Percula 90 off this guy. Although, the man said "They are the original halide lighting, but they dont light the bottom of the tank so im not sure about corals." But surely, the lights should be sufficent for like soft corals at the bottom, as they are sold originally so they wouldnt sell lights that wouldnt give corals enough light at the bottom of the tank? What do you think?

YF

Ok - so I think my dad is definatly having the AquaMedic Percula 90 off this guy. Although, the man said "They are the original halide lighting, but they dont light the bottom of the tank so im not sure about corals." But surely, the lights should be sufficent for like soft corals at the bottom, as they are sold originally so they wouldnt sell lights that wouldnt give corals enough light at the bottom of the tank? What do you think?

YF

Maybe the lights are just too old and need to be replaced?

Just a guess, as I have no experience of MH lighting.

yeh if its a 150 itll light the bottom of a perc90 but as dave says the bulb could be done and need replacing. id spend the money on a decent bulb to get good growth

Always worth replacing the bulb in any second hand unit yf...go for either a 10 or 14K bulb and you'll be laughing all the way to a new shiny reef. I only run a 150 watt 14K on mine and it's over 3 foot to the sand bed below.......

Agree with everybody else, probably just an old light bulb. Nothing a replacement can't handle

Most reactions

Back