Peppermint Shrimp Turned Out To Be A Camel

leo77

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I went to a not so local shop to get a Peppermint shrimp for my Orca 24g, spoke with the guy about those shrimps and decided to take one. After letting it free the shrimp headed straight for the overhang where I could get a nice view of the critter. After stairing at the shrimp for about 15min it started to look more and more like a Camel shrimp, I checked on the net and "wala" it is :angry: so now I have this shrimp thats going to nibble on everything like corals/worms ect. Anyone dealing with one of these Camel shrimps?

Horrid little critters.
I have seen the damage they can do.
The lfs should be ashamed of itself for selling these shrimp under the guise of Peppermints.

Yes its sad that theres people like that, not sure what to do with ol' Camel now? What shrimp would you say is the best all-rounder?

Yes its sad that theres people like that, not sure what to do with ol' Camel now? What shrimp would you say is the best all-rounder?
Return it and confront the LFS that they suck and that they should be pelted with rocks :angry: or the alternative is to return it and get your money back. But choice number one is much more funner :shifty:

I had the exact same thing happen. I went to buy a peppermint shrimp and they tried to sell me some random shrimp :X I think it was because the peppermints were all hiding.

Take it back. Get your money back. Get them to replace it with a real peppermint. Print out some pics and take them with you so you know what you're looking for.

best overall shrimp is tough, but u could go with a blood shrimp or pistol shrimp. each is unique, but very hepful and/or interesting.

Most reactions

Back