Peacock Eel

crimsontsavo

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Is he just wierd? Guess I just got lucky?
I feed him at night, after dumping the FDBW in the filter overflow they hit the bottom of the tank and he eats them.
He also eats FDTW, I break them up and bury them in the sand. Slurrp!
He'll eat in the day time too.
The other fish don't really mess with them because I feed them well right before the eel and turn off the lights.
I was just wondering does anyone else have a peacock eel eating freeze dried and flake foods?
I'm positive it's really a peacock LOL but will post a pic as soon as possible to be sure. :p

It's pretty exciting because the LFS didn't have any frozen or live food for under $20.00 :p

Another thing, why would the LFS tell me to feed him freeze dried and flake foods when I didn't even buy him from there?
They weren't making a buck off it cause I bought Elvis at 'Beastmart' and got the food there too.
LFS doesn't even sell eels. lol

Just curious.

I'm sorry, but what is FDBW and FDTW? I have never tried mine on flake or freeze dried as I have too many others that would never accept these either.

i dont think its common for spiney eels to accept processed food, let along flake. my guess is once u get it started on frozen/live food, you can forget about flake :lol:

Hello every one,
FDBW = freeze dried bloodworm

I had a long talk with the lfs guys before getting mine, they told me they feed all their fish a mix of flakes and FDBW. That in itself could explain why yours eat what they eat ... mine are just as weird ... I have two and they take turns being wierd .... so I have good feeling Ill be entertained for a long time to come.

Most reactions

Back