Paradise Betta

hey psgill00 I have two pairs of paradise fish in a 36gal tank, and both are spawning every 3 weeks.. I have about 300 fry currently in a indoor pond ( about 75gal )

The males are not that aggressive, dont add a male fighter to the tank.. but the males does damage the female when spawning. or more when she is not willing? I have not seen fighting between males or a single ripped fin on a male but the females,, diffrent story

I stop them from spawing in my tank but raising the temp to 27C/80F, as they are more cold water fish, tank use to be 22C

Well I found some this Morning for £2.00 Each. He is a nice fish about 2.5 Inches. He has lost some color as he has been in the bag for over 3 hours.

Got him @ Maidenhead in northampton and Got stuck in traffic on way back.

Will Post some pix when his colors come back.

He has some nice longish fins.

I think the reason why Paradise fish were amongst the first "tropical" fish kept is because they will actually live quite happily in unheated tanks as long as the room does not get too cold. Also being labyrinth fish, the O2 level in the water isn't a big issue.

Bad tempered things though.

actually live quite happily in unheated tanks as long as the room does not get too cold. Also being labyrinth fish, the O2 level in the water isn't a big issue

The Rainbow Gouramis were in the Coldwater Section, But There was a note - Do not mix with Goldfish, they will kill them.

He seems happy, some of his color has returned.

Also Saw Some Absolutely Tiny "Spotted Rasboras", they were only about 1.5Cm long. Tiny Little Cute things.

Someone was talking about Archer Fish, They had these in and Lots of different Birchirs.

Most reactions

Back