Paradise Betta

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
Paradise Betta

fwbettas1086621901.jpg

Is this really A betta, Googled it but came back with Nothing

Looks like a type of gourami to me. Some what a blue gourami.

Cool, Might get 1, If I can Find them.

This is a Blue Paradise Gourami.. or Paradise Fish.

I purchased some last weekend from Petsmart.

It IS an anabantid, or labyrinth fish (sp?). In otherwords, closely related to the betta.

They are more common than you would think.. look around! :)

they sell those in petsmart and walmsrts etc. theyer actually commen, i wouldnt get 1 on aqua bid, it minght be more money that way.

They have them at my lfs but they don't look to be in good shape, plus they are $8 ea

I had one that was called "Honey Paradise Gourami" once. It had almost the same shape and it's coloring was darker. It was very agressive to the other gouramis and I had to take it back. But now that you mention it, it sure did act A LOT like a betta -- even more than normal gouramis do. hmm.....
very interesting....

Paradise fish/gouramis do not belong in a bowl. (Not that bettas really do either)

They require more swimming room and they can be aggressive.

I have a paradise fish and it's really hard to get their fins to grow that long and keep them that way. Mine has shorter fins but I think that's because it's a female.

At my wal-mart they get black paradise with really long tails but as someone else said you can't keep them together so I can't get one.

Petsmart sells them for $1.99 so look around before you go spending $9 on one.

I've read that these were the first tropicals kept in aquaria in the US.. Long time ago :) I have one btw.. Johnny is his name :) nice fish. Gets along ok with the others.. Kinda moody sometimes with the barbs.. I think tho he is just giving them some of their own medicine :)

Most reactions

Back