Panic....dont Know What To Do !

craig-s

Reaction score
have just opened the lid on my trigon 350 to feed the fish and on the back of the lid (inside) there were tiny small white "things" crawling about !!!!!!!!!
lifted the back lid on the tank and they are there also,upon clser inspection there are also some abov the water line on the inside of the tank.......
i have been patient,cycling the tank,got it looking lovely,running clear and now this
is it time to start panicking ?

can you get a pic?

are there any fish/inverts in your tank

sounds like something like snail eggs to me

There are many little critters which can live in aquariums uninvited, the vast majority are harmless though, i'm sure someone here will be able to ID them for you none the less though. Are these critters all above the water level or actually living in the water- do any of them jump/hop about?

just tried getting a pic,but the macro on my camera is not that good i'm afraid.....
they are white in colour,all above the water line,and appear to crawl as well as jump,sorry doesn't sound ike much help,but dont know what else to add !!!
the water appears clear,and the fish appear healthy,i onlyn have fish in the tank and no snails or anything else like that

thanks Tokis....
i like the sound of completely harmless,i can live with that....
just noticed you are in somerset as well,how strange,i live in glastonbury......spookie......
will they eventually disappear?,or do i need any treatment?
have had the tank running for about 6 months now and have never seen them before !!!!!

Nah you don't need any treatments to get rid of them (i don't think there are any treatments to get rid of them either way though), i'm not sure exactly what they eat but i suspect it is algae growing above the water level. They should eventually disapear, i get them in my tanks every now and then although they've never lived in the tanks permenently, personally i don't worry about them, sometimes my platys try and catch them :) .

much appeciated advice,thanks for your re-asurance and fast replies...

Most reactions

Back