Panda Cory Fuzz

Smallfishvt

Reaction score
I dont know why I am having such bad luck lately. After my last go with a panda cory and him dying from some intense fungal infection the rest of my fish have been doing ok. I super cleaned my quarantine tank and now I purchased some new Corys. I have 2 panda and 2 sterbai. It is only day 2 and the two panda corys do not look very good. One has some pretty significant fuzz down the side of him with some scrapped off. The other has patches of fuzz. The two Sterbai cory look pretty healthy actually.

QT Tank size: 3.5ga
pH: 7
nitrite N02: 0.5
nitrate N03: 20
General hardiness GH: 80
Carbonate hardness KH: 60
tank temp: 74
Filtration: 3gallon with 2 small topfin cartridges
Current tank inhabitants: 2 sterbai and 2 panda corys

Attachments

• 20180501_212749.jpeg
    20180501_212749.jpeg
    330.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 20180501_212931.jpeg
    20180501_212931.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 20180501_213447.jpeg
    20180501_213447.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 193
it's a protozoan infection. You need to treat them with something containing Malachite green and Methylene blue. If you can get "Waterlife Protozin" it should work.

Corydoras are scaleless fishes so check the dose on the container. Most medications are used at half strength for scaleless fish.

To work out the volume of water in the tank:
measure length x width x height in cm.
divide by 1000.
= volume in litres.

when you measure the height of the tank, measure from the top of the substrate to the top of the water level.

Wipe the inside of the glass down and do a 75% water change and complete gravel clean before treating. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

remove carbon from the filter and throw it away because carbon will absorb medication.

Cut feeding back to once every couple of days and monitor the ammonia and nitrite levels in the tank because most medications will kill beneficial filter bacteria.

------------------------
You can add sponges to top fin HOB filters to increase and improve filtration. Just look for filter sponges for other brands and fine some that fit inside your filter. You can also get round filter sponges that can go over the intake strainer of your filter.

Thank you, I have taken your advice. I was able to get some Kordon Rapid-Cure from local store. It was the only treatment with Malachite Green available locally. I did a water change, wiped down insides, removed filters, and added a 50% dosage. Everybody was still alive this morning which is a plus. I will check their health tonight when home. The only thing I was not able to do was increase the temperature of the water. The QT only has a small flat heater with no temperature adjustment.

Most reactions

Back