Pacus

wow thats sad - i have a near 1000ltr tank myself, vid below

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLGa8d9L1SY...re=channel_page" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLGa8d9L1SY...re=channel_page</a>

i have 4 silver dollars - love them, no clown knife however did have one

however i do look after mine - i filter over 7000ltrs/hour, have an hiblow 65 pushing over 4000ltrs/hour
and feed well, uv etc

but i would not take on pacus - have even been offered them by lfs for free, but have declined!
I'm so jealous m8 your tank is awesome whats the maintenance like and how did you get them bubbles like that ( bubble wand )

Wish i had a tank like that bet theirs not much you cant have in it with smaller tanks your limited to what stock you can have its so annoying

without hijacking the thread 'sorry' -

maintaining it isnt that hard - couple water changes and a quick scrub 'inside glass to remove algae' thats it, every 5 months thereof, i clean out the filters, x2 fx5 and x1 generic.

the bubbles are created by 17 different types of aircurtains/rings etc which are placed under the coral sand, and i use a large air pump, which is the hi blow 65, pushing out 4000ltrs/hour

LOL!
The Black Pacu, also known as the Tambaqui, is interesting, personable, very hardy and is easy to feed. This makes it sound like the perfect aquarium fish. Unfortunately there is one big problem in keeping these as a pet, they grow fast and they get huge.

Reaching an impressive size of 3½ feet and weighing over 60 pounds, this is definitely a specialty fish. To keep one you will need an aquarium upwards of a 1000 gallons to house an adult. The tank should also have extra thick glass. Black Pacus have been known to literally swim through the sides of an aquarium when spooked.

As their home must be so large, it limits the people who should keep one. Some people have kept Black Pacus in heated, indoor ponds. But due to their dark color they really can’t be appreciated when housed this way. However, if you have the space to provide for a huge tank, they are easy to keep!

Most reactions

Back