Oxygen Bubbles

way to go FishNix....

How are the Nitrate levels in your tank...

Mine is still pretty low, I am dosing 1 ml daily (should add .97ppm) but I am getting a lil pearling, nothing major..

I added another 2L CO2 bottle as well.. my CO2 level increased. but I guess I have too much surface movement which makes some CO2 escape.. what kind of Filter you have?

But my plants are showing amazing growth... I just noticed that my Java Lace has a couple of baby plants hanging on the top of one of the leaves... I took some pics but they are not that clear..

baby%20windlove.JPG

baby%20windlove%202.JPG

baby%20windlove%203.JPG

you can see the small roots hanging from the top of the mother leaf and some baby leaves... the baby plants are still attached :)

This is so amazing :D :lol: :hyper:

hey-

i actually dont have a nitrate test kits yet... so ive just been doing a very small dose. i went a little crazy today and rearranged the whole tank! i'l ltake some pics once the water clears.... my motivations for changing things were that i wanted to incorrporate the drift wood and my gravel bed was starting to grow algae or something and needed a serious vaccuming... i think it looks good but im still not satisfied :rolleyes:

i havent added another co2 bottle yet, but i am using that excel stuff as you know. i try to keep my water level just to the edge of the filter so it doesnt aggitate the surface too much. im using a penguin filter that hangs off of the back...it has a biowheel but i forget the model name/number.

one of my plants actually did that too but im not sure of the type... its the one in the front right...

cheers!

I guess you are talking about the water wisteria, it always does that in my tank..

I am being very careful adding the nitrates.. they said if you create a Nitrate shock from 0 to 10ppm at once, all the fish will die.. so I am being careful

I will stat dosing 2ml per day later on...

Do you wear gloves when you rearrange the tank? I saw the coralife long sleeve gloves and I have been thinking about getting them.. I heard you can actually get some infection if you have a cut in your hand while it is in the water

How often do you add the regular plant food? and how much... I haven't figured how much I should add..

not that... the one that looks like a short/wide amazon sword...

any ideas?

ummm No idea... sorry

try to take a closer pic

hey all-
i got a crinum calamistratum the other day... its's pretty cool but apparently needs a lot of light... although the guy at teh LFS said he grew one in a low light tank and it thrived...

cheers!

ps. im trying to figure this other plant out...i dont have a closeup on hand but its pretty easy to see in that pic. ill try to take one :)

hey -- another thing ive noticed is that my glass top gets fogged with humidity under the lights...does this happen to you? it could be b/c i have it almost sealed by using the plastic panel and just cutting out enough space for my heater cord, filter return, filter suction and CO2 tube...

any ideas? maybe i need more ventalation? im hesitant to remove the glass b/c im not using waterproof endcaps and i will probably get a lot of evaporation...

cheers!

Ok first, I love the texture of the leaves of this plant.. I want to get one also.. Too bad my LFS does not have any good plants.. and the ones he has are algae infested :/ I want to check out another LFS which is about an hour away.. I guess its not that local anymore :)

As for the glass top, I don't have it all sealed.. I didn't use the plastic part that goes on the bacl and I have it fliped open all the time :rolleyes: I might as well just remove it..

I don't think the evaporation will have any effect.. especially since the back of the canopy is open

since im addictied to overclocking my computer... that almost sounds like a good idea ;)

unfortunately, we have magnetic ballasts and i would assume that it would draw insane amounts of current... i dont know about you, but i live in an old house with sketchy wiring... that has me a little worried ;)

Well the ballasts we have are magnetic so we would have to get new ones...

I checked some at HD today and they are around $20.. I just have to take a closer look at them to make sure they will work.. but the 2 lamp ballasts are quite big.. I am not sure they would fit under the canopy..

I dunno about you but I don't feel that my tank is "bursting" with light.. I feel I need a good reflector at least.. I don't feel the aluminum foil is doing a good job...

yeah, i hear that... that's part of the reason i was thinking about the whole fog thing...

i was looking for VHO endcaps, but i would have to replave everything t ouse them i think.. the electronic ballasts are not that expensive, but i think we would need atleast 2.

what do you think?

cheers!

Well it depends how many bulbs you plan to overdirve... are you thinking of overdriving 2X or 4X? I was looking at the 2 Lamp ballasts today...

but I am currently looking for the cheapest solution.. If I can get my hands on some good and cheap reflectors (miro 4) I think this will make things look brighter.. the miro 4s are availabe from ahsupply for 15-16 each if you want to buy the 17 inch long but I just checked the 34.5 inch long ones and they are 20 each. we can get those and cut them in half :)

the only problem is that they are 4 inches wide.... I have to do some measurements to see how many I can fit.. on another hand the 7 inch wide ones (might fit 2-3 bulbs) are 40 a piece

and shipping is only 4.9

I am seriously considering one of those... but it has to be next month... I have spent my monthly allowance of 700 for the aquarium this month :)

Hey FishNix,

How are you doing..

So I have been thinking about switching my filter to a canister filter to eliminate the surface movement..

At the same time I am considering another alternative:
Move the filter to some smaller tank under my 30 gal tank while keeping the input in my 30 Gal. and having a pump from the 10 Gal delivering the filter water back to the 30 Gal tank..

filter.gif

I just have to make two shutoff mechanisms not to over flood the 5 Gal tank

what do you think?

That's callled a sump pump and it's mostly used for saltwater tanks. If you look around there are all sorts of plans for a sump on the net.

Rose

Most reactions

Back