Overfed Or Pregnant Guppy

Da_One

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Fatorpreg.jpg

Is it just over fed or pregnant?

oneontheright.jpg

the one on the right

The guppy likes to stay near the surface of the water occasionally. Is this natural, all parameters are 0 i.e Ammon, nitires & Nitrate 10.

If pregnant how long before she drops! ?

if fat, overfeeding, I assume stop giving them food lol

Not overfed, being a long time breeder of guppies, i would say within the next week. keep a eye on her for dwelling on the bottom or near heater or plants, this is usually a good sign for when they are going to drop.

If ou wish to put her in a trap sooner, only put her in for 2 days max, to long will stress her to much.

I had a guppy earlier drop its fry and she was dwelling near plants when i put her in trap, she was a lot bigger than yours but she had 80+ and has had many fry before - at least 8 times..

Yeh she looks pregnant to me. Guppies normally swim from middle to top of an aquarium. Good water quality btw :good:

Just a baby that one should see the size of some of the girls i got here they are huge

Just to add to my previous post, a lot of the time when mine are ready to drop, they tend to hang around the top of my internal filter for some reason.

So if you have a internal filter, maybe watch out for that as well, just a thought ;)

Just to add to my previous post, a lot of the time when mine are ready to drop, they tend to hang around the top of my internal filter for some reason.

So if you have a internal filter, maybe watch out for that as well, just a thought ;)
well where she was in the 1st pic is next to the iternal filter.

then again I have a 35 litre tank.... so anywhere in the tank is next to the filter! lol :shout:

I dont have breeding tank. the 35 litre tank has already got another female in, 5 glow lights & 4 x ray tetras & 1 oto. -

I do have a net for the fry....if I was to put the pregnant female into the net in the same tank...so to separate her from the rest of the fish.....will the 20-30 fry or w/e it is make a big load on the filter. causing it to crash ?

I do have a 54 litre tank, but that has 4 males & 2 danios & 2 silver tips, 1 clam & 2 shrimp.

Or do I just let the female breed in the tank openly with all the other tetras, and just see which fry can hide & survive if not all eaten.

Bearing in mind eventually 54 litre will be home to some of the new male baby guppys (few weeks old)

Move the x rays into 54 litre for now and give the 35 litre just for the 2 females & glowlights & fry.

Hmmmmm help! lol

I have 1 fry......

the guppy was taking a dump! & the lil fry just came out.........

guppy still pooing! :shout:

no more fry yet...

maybe just a one off, the fry escaped! lol

11 hours later....... no more other fry.

just the 1 :crazy:

Guppy still fat.

So now what ? take the female out of the net or just leave her still in there with the 1 fry?

dont want the fry to get eaten....then again...... if she has any more dont want the other fish to eat the other fry if I take her out.......

If she has only been in 1 day, i would leave her another night, after that take her out, 2 nights is the max you should leaver her in and thats pushing it a bit. :)

K done,

I have taken her out now, almost 2 days & nothing... os now she is back to her friends.

Left the 1 fry all by him/herself in the net - surely he/she will get stressed no doubt.

Mixed emotions about this pregnancy. Was expecting laods of fry, now dissappointed lol :crazy:

K done,

I have taken her out now, almost 2 days & nothing... os now she is back to her friends.

Left the 1 fry all by him/herself in the net - surely he/she will get stressed no doubt.

Mixed emotions about this pregnancy. Was expecting laods of fry, now dissappointed lol :crazy:

Dont worry they have them every month so they will be lots more to come, the more times they give birth, the greater amounts of fry they drop :)

cool, she still sitting on top of the filter in isolation from the other fishies.

Just keep a close eye on her buddy, make sure there is no sign of disease or anything.

Most reactions

Back