over stocked?

Any plastic/artificial things in fish natural habitat ?
Not enough plastic/artificial stuff on earth ?

Moreover plastic and artificial stuff can release dubious even toxic substances, seems and are fake, can harm fishes, do not consume nitrates, do not participate in aquarium balance....

Any plastic/artificial things in fish natural habitat ?
Not enough plastic/artificial stuff on earth ?

Moreover plastic and artificial stuff can release dubious even toxic substances, seems and are fake, can harm fishes, do not consume nitrates, do not participate in aquarium balance....
Thanks

This is easy really 1 inch per gallon

1 honey 2", 6 neons 6" , 4 ottos 8" = 16 inches of fish

10 gallon tank 10 inches of fish

You have 50% to many fish options keep the neons and the honey or keep the honey and the ottos.

This is easy really 1 inch per gallon
1 honey 2", 6 neons 6" , 4 ottos 8" = 16 inches of fish
10 gallon tank 10 inches of fish
You have 50% to many fish options keep the neons and the honey or keep the honey and the ottos.
How about fish behavior, swimming area, swimming habits, water parameters ?

While strictly speaking that's true I'm not convinced in terms of biomass this is overstocked.

Small honey gourami are already 4 times bigger than a neon. Also look how much fish biomass has to go into a malawi tank. Or to put another way the 10 inches of gourami is a heck of a lot more fish than 10 inches of neons (and otos).

Whether the neons need to be in longer tank and in a bigger shoal is a whole other issue.

I've recently added 3 honey's to my already overstocked tank... and they seem to poop alot for such a small fish compared to everyone else, so perhaps you shouldn't listen to me... but sometimes I think what's the point of following the inch to gallon rule if you're going to feed the tank enough for double the inches anyway? It all depends how much ammonia your tank can deal with.

I'd be inclined to try swapping the neons for 10 or 15 chilli rasboras, CPD or similar or more if you have plenty of plants even. If you already have the neons and can't upgrade to a larger footprint - I wonder if upping the shoal to 8 or 10 would impact bioload much - but make the neons much happier.... but again don't listen to me I have unorthodox views on stocking levels compared to most around here I think.

Ofc; thats what made me think of it but this thread been talking abt a whole bunch of unrelated stuff since then :p

Some would argue that any fish with a Labyrinth will actually put less load on a tank, So all the Gouramis, corys, bettas etc. Puely on the basis of them taking atmospheric oxygen rather than taking it from the tank.

Most reactions

Back