Over Stocked?

Cro-Baller

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well I didn't think my tank was over stocked, but after reading a couple of threads on here I'm not sure now.

I have a Juwel Rio 240L, the tank is currently filtered by Fluval 104 and 304 external filters (soon to be upgraded to 2 X Eheim 2071's) I do weekly water changes of 20-30% and vacuum the gravel 3-4 times a week.

I know that the Pleco's will out grow the tank and that I will have to re home them at some point in the future, they were a purchase before thinking. :blush:

So my tank has the following;

2 Common Pleco's
2 Kissing Gourami's
2 Dwarf Gourami's
2 Sailfin Mollies
2 Guppies
8 Cardinal Tetra's
10 Pentagonian Barbs
3 Peppered Catfish
1 Cory Catfish
4 Clown Loach

I have to say that they all seem very happy and that I don't seem to get any water problems.

the kissing gouramis are going to get a bt big for the tank. also the clown loaches will want a bigger tank. aside from those and the plecos . the rest seems ok to me

the kissing gouramis are going to get a bt big for the tank. also the clown loaches will want a bigger tank. aside from those and the plecos . the rest seems ok to me
Thanks for the help.

One of the loach is about 6" long, the other 3 are babies.
One of the kissing Gourami's is about 4" long and nearly the same deep (still slim and looking healthy) the other is much smaller.

I know the wife won't want to loose the Loaches and the kissing Gourami's (her 2 favourites) so I may be able to get that second tank. :good:

Any idea how long before I need another tank? Or is it just a case of the sooner the better?

just tell the missus you need a 6 footer now lol. seriously tho the clowns are slow growers not sure about the gouramis. but if she is insistant on keeping them then i would upgrade as soon as you can tbh

just tell the missus you need a 6 footer now lol. seriously tho the clowns are slow growers not sure about the gouramis. but if she is insistant on keeping them then i would upgrade as soon as you can tbh
OK, thanks for the advice Mark. I've been thinking of setting up a plant tank so I may combine the 2.

P1010002.jpg

So my tank has the following;

2 Common Pleco's
2 Kissing Gourami's
2 Dwarf Gourami's
2 Sailfin Mollies
2 Guppies
8 Cardinal Tetra's
10 Pentagonian Barbs
3 Peppered Catfish
1 Cory Catfish
4 Clown Loach

When the plecos loaches and kising gouramis are rehomed you should think about getting a few more corys to make them feel more secure.

what type is the 1 cory cat as they dont like being on there own.

When the plecos loaches and kising gouramis are rehomed you should think about getting a few more corys to make them feel more secure.

what type is the 1 cory cat as they dont like being on there own.
Funny you say that. I got the Peppered Cat fish to keep him company but they don't seem to mix. I was going to get a couple more Cory's so he has some friends but got a bit concerned about stocking and having too many bottom feeders. I'll get it sorted ASAP.

Most reactions

Back