Miquela

Reaction score
0F71EE24-1EB4-4754-831C-719A9F779E51.jpeg My female betta has a patch on her side that looks tan in some lighting and white in others for the last 3 weeks. It is not super raised but is noticeable. The patch has gotten slightly larger even after both fungal and bacterial treatment. She is active and eats like a pig and does not show any lethargic symptoms. Her behavior has not changed all all since the spot has developed. I use aquarium salt regularly as well as give her a large variation in protein diets and it doesn’t seem to make her spot different. I have been increasing water changes to keep ammonia levels down. I’m not really sure what to do from here and don’t know if I need to be as concerned as I am.

Attachments

• 97B9ADEE-6DE4-46C5-B166-C62E4E211FBE.jpeg
    97B9ADEE-6DE4-46C5-B166-C62E4E211FBE.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 125
  • ED199021-5FC3-44EA-8BF8-14D892302772.jpeg
    ED199021-5FC3-44EA-8BF8-14D892302772.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 158
What meds have you tried? How big is her tank and water parameters? Does the spit look fuzzy at all?

What meds have you tried? How big is her tank and water parameters? Does the spit look fuzzy at all?
Ammonia: 0
Nitrate : 0 mg/L
Nitrite : 0
Ph: 7.2
Alkalinity : 120-180 ppm
C hardness : 80
G Hardness: 180
5 gallon with 3 other small guppies. They don’t have any issues, get along great
I started with Proform C but only did 2 treatments rather than 4 since I was worried about harming my plants and snails. I then did Furan 2 with aquarium salt for 2 total treatments so 4 doses. I’m willing to try a fungal again and do a soak rather than treat the whole tank. The spot looks to be more flat and her scales are visible underneath. From the side the scales looks slightly raised but that could just be because of the discoloring. Her fins are in perfect condition

Since you’ve already treated with meds, I would just keep in clean water with aquarium salt. Do daily 75% water changes for 2 weeks and add 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt (not table salt) for every 5 gallons. So 1 tablespoon in your case. Each day when you do the water 70% water change add 3/4 tablespoon of the salt back in. Salt helps fight fungus and stress. Keep us posted.

Since you’ve already treated with meds, I would just keep in clean water with aquarium salt. Do daily 75% water changes for 2 weeks and add 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt (not table salt) for every 5 gallons. So 1 tablespoon in your case. Each day when you do the water 70% water change add 3/4 tablespoon of the salt back in. Salt helps fight fungus and stress. Keep us posted.
Do I still do a full tablespoon even though I have many plants ?

No! Do a teaspoon instead of tablespoon with plants. Sorry. Great question!

Most reactions

Back