our tank

...and one of the YoYo Loaches (Botia Almorhae).

Attachments

• YoYo_1.jpg
    YoYo_1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 38
One of the Brochis Britskii. B) If you look between the Hygro stems you can see a Clown Pleco's nose too. :lol:

Attachments

• Pinky_1.jpg
    Pinky_1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 29
...and finally. :lol:

I managed to get a better pic of one of the Clown Pleco's. B)

Attachments

• Bud_1.jpg
    Bud_1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 41
One amazing tank :) You must have put a lot of work into it but has definately paid off :thumbs:

thanks everyone :thumbs:
yes we have put a lot lot of time into it and we've had a few disasters with some of the plants :crazy:
but dare i say hehe we seem to have got it right now :D but it has been worth it, :D

Great looking tank, and lol Goby Guy yeah that was some GREAT timing. I couldn't even send the reply before you allready answer my questions,lol :p :p

-"letters"

cool tank ill throw in my totm nomination ... how long was i gone for? or how could i have missed this one? anyways wonderfull tank i thaught the first pic was a little dark at the edges the others look better.

:hyper: What an amazing Tank I want to give you my TOTM nomination. Just a couple of questions though. Did you have to treat the wood off the trees before you put them in and do you pot all your plants in the sand or do they do ok on there own. :hyper:

Thx everyone! :D
Dave - The branches had already been cut down whilst they were felling trees in our local woods. So they were just lying around in piles.
We picked a couple of large nice looking branches and took them home. I initially soaked the branches by pouring dozens of kettles of boiling water over them and scrubbed them down with a wire brush in between each soaking.
After I had gotten most of the moss / bark off of them I then tried them in the (empty) fish tank to see how we wanted them to go. I cut them down to size so they fit where we wanted them.
I then took the pieces and soaked them in a RED hot bath of water. When the water had cooled down a bit I went in with the wire brush again (and ended up with very sore hands! :-( ) to get off all the bark and end up with the smooth branches you see in the tank.
We arranged supports over the tank to support the branches as we siliconed them to the sides / back / bottom of the tank. Next day we removed the supports and voila, some cool looking branches that cannot float! :D
Note - You do get some 'fungus' grow on the branches but once the fish are in they eat it, (and seem to quite like it too :lol: ) it all disappeared within a day!
I think I will have to take some more pictures again soon as it has changed again anyway! :crazy:
We now have a good sized Anubias Gracilis and a large well established Microsorum Pteropus (Java Fern) which has made a spectacular specimen plant! B)
Hopefully I'll be able to get some more pic's done soon. :rolleyes:
Oh and we have now added 2 Bala Sharks and some Guppy's :eek: :devil: :D

[EDIT: Forgot about the plants! :rolleyes: ]

We do not plant in pots. When we get the plants we remove all pots, packing and any weights, etc.
We 'dip' the plants to get rid of any snails, snails eggs or parasites. If there is any algae on the plant then we can 'dip' to get rid of that also. ;)
We then plant them straight in to the substrate. (Which is silver sand that has laterite seeded underneath it :D )

Well here is a pic of the left side of the tank where we have now added the Anubias Gracilis (it's attached to the curved branch) and the large Java Fern, on the bogwood at the back, as our main specimen plant. :D

Attachments

• Java_Fern_1.jpg
    Java_Fern_1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 46
Thought I would post a pic that was a bit different!
I think it looks cool looking down in to the tank so... :D

Attachments

• Tank_Left_Above_1.jpg
    Tank_Left_Above_1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 53
Erm... a guppy? :/ :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• Guppy_1.jpg
    Guppy_1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 40
...and an Oto. :)

Attachments