Otto Babies!

FishHobbyist1564

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i saw one little otto baby in my tank and i took him and put him in a floating plastic case. he is very happy and i am trying to find others... But i cant find any, i found one a few days ago, but i let him go in the gravel. So i just found this other one today. Do you think the other died, or were eaten, or do you think they are living underground? because none of them have come up ever since. (i also had molly babies today, so its been pretty exciting lol!)

as far as i know otto's have never been bred in captivity! :blink:

lol i know i was so surprised!! :hyper: he's so cute and little and there are soo many fish in the tank, so i hope they didnt eat all of the rest

Otos do definately breed in captivity. AlexandCarmen have had success. I have seen others post success. I can't even keep them alive!

So congratulations! You are doing something right.

Congrats :hyper: . It's great when you find little surprises like this. What other tank inhabitants do you have with the oto's?

Good luck and keep us updated. :good:

Carmen :D

i have lots of guppies and mollies in with these ottos and otto babies. I also had molly babies on the same day, so now my hands are full!! (but i can never get enough babies lol :)) I found another baby last night, so now i feel much better cause now that other one i found before wont be lonely,... it has a partner! I am keeping them in a plastic floating container and they seem pretty happy

Most reactions

Back