Otocinclus Paulinus

map1

Reaction score
Hi there
I recently purchased 3 otocinclus from my lfs of which two were dwarf otos (affinis) but the third is completely different. After some research I beleieve it is a Marbled Otocinclus (paulinus)? Does anyone know if these require the same requirements to keep or do they have special requirements of any kind? :rolleyes:

Hi

I've googled the name, but can't find a picture.

Does your oto look like the one to the far left in my pic??
Fishtank480.jpg

If so, then I got her when I bought the other 4 and she's kept the same as them. She eats the same, algae, algae wafers, cucumber and dandelion leaves.

Hope this helps.
;)

Hi - yes thats the one, mine is about 30mm (1.5") long. They swim and move more like a miniture pleco than the darting movement of the dwarf otos. It is very hard to find any information on this species as you say.

Hi - yes thats the one, mine is about 30mm (1.5") long. They swim and move more like a miniture pleco than the darting movement of the dwarf otos. It is very hard to find any information on this species as you say.

Hi
Its nearer to Parotocinclus maculicauda but I still dont think it is this exact species as the markings and the body shape are slightly different.

Most reactions

Back