Oto!

update:

I put a bit of cucumber in for the 2 remaining otos, and im happier now because they seem to be tucking into it. Well theyve been on that cucumber for ages now and they never sit on the same spot for that length of time.

otos020.jpg

Mmmm... I just found a body of my oto last night. :(
Not sure why it die so suddenly. Another oto started having a big tummy. Is she pregnant or eat too much?

How long have you had them in your tank?? Is there enough algae for them? What other food are you feeding them?? Are you able to put a pic up of the other two? Fat bellies can indicate a female ready to spawn, full of eggs. If you click on my link at the bottom, it will take you to my oto breeding diary, and I have a clear pic of a female full of eggs.

Sorry about the oto you lost :sad: . They can be very hard to acclimatise. It could be a number of reasons for the loss.

:/

I think it is about a month in there. Algae should be enough for them (not too sure). I never feed them as I always see them eating algae from the wall, leaf, stone, wood. I will try to take a pic of my oto and post it here soon. I will observe more about the big belly oto.

THank you for the website. :)

Sorry for the lost, geo7x.

Ottos are quite sensitive, maybe it just died of stress :(

Can't wait to see my Ottos tucking into some cucumber though. Thats after they've finnished of the algae ;)

nice geo, hows your Dwarf coping with the new arrivals? haha

nice geo, hows your Dwarf coping with the new arrivals? haha

thanks loko, shes coping great, just ignores them, she was a lil scared of thm at first.

Nice oto's I have the same thing, one dark one light. I bought eight of them and I'v lost three so far, no apparent reason for any of them. Isn't it hard to breed oto's and if you do can't you report it to the oto site or something because I talked to another person who had her oto's breed and she talked to the guy :dunno:

:kewlpics: geo, good quality

Sorry about the loss. Im almost brave enough to get some otto's, but just havent done it yet. I would like a group of 6-8 of them.

Nice fish :good:

Isn't it hard to breed oto's and if you do can't you report it to the oto site or something because I talked to another person who had her oto's breed and she talked to the guy :dunno:

If you look at my sig, you'll find my oto breeding and raising diary :D

What oto site are you talking about?? When mine started breeding, I battled to find any info on them. I've heard a few have been able to spawn, but raising was a problem.

Barracuda518

As long as you have a well established planted tank, and you get some good specimens, it shouldn't be a problem. They are lovely additions, and I've had my original 5 for almost a year now. Not counting all the fry I've raised to adulthood.

:p

Ive found with oto's, they don't last in my tank. Have bought them so many times but only last a few weeks or so -_- I gave up on them

Most reactions

Back