resistance is futile......
Reaction score
OTO!

otos001.jpg

otos002.jpg

otos003.jpg

otos005.jpg

otos009.jpg

i think i have 2 types of oto, ones alot darker than the others, shown in the above pic :D

otos010.jpg

i bought three yesterday, and they seem to be nibbling on an algae wafer already :hyper: ones got a little round belly, the others are ok :rolleyes:

Nice looking Otos you have there Geo7x

I see you have a nice round female too. Have a look at their tail pattern. I have found a few otos that look very similar, but their tails have different patterns.

I found an oto fry last night in my community tank, already been rescued and is in the breeding net in my fry tank. I saw them spawning again the other day, but between the Sterbai, Panda cories and SAE's the eggs didn't get a chance to be rescued.

Great pics and always a lovely addition to a tank. They all look nice and healthy, good luck.

:D

gorgeous little guys!
i lost one of mine last night who was identical to yours :(
they're otocinclus vittatus i believe.

thanks for all the replies :hyper:

Very nice Geo
thankyou emma :*

awwwwwwwwww hes a cutie,would look much better inmy tank lmao

thankyou but NO THEY WOULDNT! :p

Nice looking Otos you have there Geo7x
thankyou!

I found an oto fry last night in my community tank

ooo congrats must look really cute :wub:

I saw them spawning again the other day
ooo must have bee good to watch :hey:

the eggs didn't get a chance to be rescued.

shame :sad: ah well theyll probably do it again sometime

Great pics and always a lovely addition to a tank. They all look nice and healthy, good luck.
thanks, i hope they are :look:

gorgeous little guys!

thankyou! i agree

i lost one of mine last night who was identical to yours
:rip: :byebye: sorry to hear that

they're otocinclus vittatus i believe.

what all of them? they look pretty different :sly:

I have 3 of them in my tank too. 1 is darker colour and the other 2 are lighter. I quite like them as they are so cute. :)

I have 3 of them in my tank too. 1 is darker colour and the other 2 are lighter. I quite like them as they are so cute. :)

thanks wei, sound identical to mine! :hyper:

Mmmm... I just found a body of my oto last night. :(
Not sure why it die so suddenly. Another oto started having a big tummy. Is she pregnant or eat too much?

Mmmm... I just found a body of my oto last night. :(
Not sure why it die so suddenly. Another oto started having a big tummy. Is she pregnant or eat too much?

How long have you had them in your tank?? Is there enough algae for them? What other food are you feeding them?? Are you able to put a pic up of the other two? Fat bellies can indicate a female ready to spawn, full of eggs. If you click on my link at the bottom, it will take you to my oto breeding diary, and I have a clear pic of a female full of eggs.

Sorry about the oto you lost :sad: . They can be very hard to acclimatise. It could be a number of reasons for the loss.

:/

thanks gnat and im really sorry to hear about your oto wei :(

well, im afraid i have some bad news, i came home last night and i found one of my otos dead :-( it really dampened my spirits, i was going to try really hard to keep them all alive and then i leave the house for a couple of hours and one of them dies. Made me feel pretty incapable to be honest :(

well, im afraid i have some bad news, i came home last night and i found one of my otos dead :-( it really dampened my spirits, i was going to try really hard to keep them all alive and then i leave the house for a couple of hours and one of them dies. Made me feel pretty incapable to be honest :(

Sorry to hear that Geo

How long has the tank been running?? Otos need a well established tank in order to thrive. And as I said to wei0204, they are difficult to acclimatise. Stress could also be a factor.

Don't beat yourself up over it. It looks and sounds like you did everything right, some fish just die for no reason.

Sorry to hear that Geo

How long has the tank been running?? Otos need a well established tank in order to thrive. And as I said to wei0204, they are difficult to acclimatise. Stress could also be a factor.

Don't beat yourself up over it. It looks and sounds like you did everything right, some fish just die for no reason.

thats another reason, i feel really stupid because the tank hasnt been running with fish for very long, only a couple of weeks or so :/

Most reactions

Back