Oscars In A Fluval Edge

The young one

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just looked on Aquarist classifieds and there is a guy selling a fluval edge with 1 blue crayfish and 2 tiger oscars!
http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/detail59_144131.php

JUst thought I'd tell you just incase anyone has any room for them in a more *suitable* tank.

poor little things!!

I wish I could ='(

Even my 110 litre would be better than that!! I hope someone lovely takes them on.

The thing I just cant get my head around is how did anyone even consider selling them to him. At some point someone must have thought a 5 gallon tank cant possibly be good for these fish!

His mobile number is listed so maybe we all give him a ring and say how stupid he is?

As much as i wish i could mean the above i dont.

its such a shame but this is just another reason why some LFS cannot be trusted, who sells 2 oscars to be put into such a small tank...

And as above id be very worried that they wouldnt fit out of the very small hole atop the fluval edge...

May drop this clown an email.

Anyone else worried they might not even fit out of the hole?

me! i was just thinking that, it isnt the easiest tank to get fish out of in the first place

His mobile number is listed so maybe we all give him a ring and say how stupid he is?

As much as i wish i could mean the above i dont.

its such a shame but this is just another reason why some LFS cannot be trusted, who sells 2 oscars to be put into such a small tank...

And as above id be very worried that they wouldnt fit out of the very small hole atop the fluval edge...

May drop this clown an email.

the thing is, you dont KNOW that the LFS sold him these fish KNOWINGLY. He may have said he had a bigger tank for all we know :unsure:

Thats right near me but nowhere to put them sadly...dotn want the crappy tank either.

Cichlid Crazy, if your lfs will take them, any chance you could 'offer' to take them off the persons hand for free?
Then drop them into your local fish shop on the way home?

I kinda don't want the stress to be honest...i'm Manic Bipolar sufferer and the last thing i want is some crazy woman shouting at me because i made a 'helpful' suggestion. trust me it wont be good.

Plus i know from past experience that rehoming Oscars is harder than rehoming Convicts....nobody wants them....lfs tanks are jam packed with them.

Not being stubborn...I just could do without the stress.

If somebody is stupid enough to put 2 potential 18"+ fish in a 24" tank then they are not going to be kind enough to give them to me free of charge when they are trying to make money....for all they know, i could be trying to rip them off.

If i had the space i'd be tempted to suggest it, but knowing how my lfs's 'dispose of' unwanted fish...i'd rather not go down that route.

(watermarque grind them up, Pets at home chuck them down the toilet, Taunton Aquarium centre feed them to other fish etc)

Most reactions

Back