Oscar Feeding

fatboywez

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I know i have got to keep a varied diet for my 2 new oscars but what would people suggest, The LFS was feeding them river shrimp and gave me some to feed them today but i dont want them to becme there diet?

wez

I know i have got to keep a varied diet for my 2 new oscars but what would people suggest, The LFS was feeding them river shrimp and gave me some to feed them today but i dont want them to becme there diet?

wez

Not sure what your question is, but if I understand you, you're asking if feeding them river shrimp is ok? If so its fine as a treat, as long as a quality pellet is their staple theres nothing wrong with the odd shrimp now and then.

If you are worried about the oscars becomming hooked on the shrimp, I wouldn't worry too much just feed them as a treat once a week or fortnight if you want. If they don't eat their pellet food after having river shrimp then just starve them for a day or two, then offer them pellets again. Its not likely an oscar will starve itself to death :p. Oscars are notorious for getting 'hooked' on foods, but if they are already having a varied diet then there should be no problem.

sorry i wanted to know what would be a good varied diet for them? so a decent pellet is good then live food as a treat once a week or fortnight?

Most reactions

Back