Oscar and Electric Blue Acaras.

Paws&Fins

Reaction score
I 'might' (;)) be getting an adult Oscar. He currently lives with Cichlid (not sure what type) and has lived peacefully with an upside down catfish. He is currently in a 55gal. I would move him into my 75gal with my adult EBAs (mated pair). Would this be a good match?

This is not a good idea. While fish are gregarious at the juvenile stage, they will eat fishes smaller than themselves as they mature and are often intolerant of tankmates as adults. Should be maintained singly (one oscar should have a 75g tank) or as a mated pair. Additional fish require very much larger tanks. This is not a community fish for most home aquaria. The inherent nature of a species is what we must consider, and provide accordingly.

This is not a good idea. While fish are gregarious at the juvenile stage, they will eat fishes smaller than themselves as they mature and are often intolerant of tankmates as adults. Should be maintained singly (one oscar should have a 75g tank) or as a mated pair. Additional fish require very much larger tanks. This is not a community fish for most home aquaria. The inherent nature of a species is what we must consider, and provide accordingly.
Ok, thank you

Most reactions

Back