Orca Marnine Tank

Squid

grumpy old man!
Reaction score
See here

Views and opinions, both negative and positive would be appreciated.

Cheers
Squid

i'd like to see one in person or a more detailed spec before i can pass judgement

it's certainly very cheap for a 'complete marine set up' which obviously raises questions as to quality

it's got all the basic equipment you need but the questions i would want answering before purchase would be

- what are the circulation rates for the pumps? you want 20x turnover minimum
- what exactly is in the chemical/biological filtration, obviously that's a bit of a cover all. IMHO Live Rock is the best way to filter a marine set up but some chemical/biological systems can work, need more specifics really.
- what are the spec for the skimmer and uv steriliser, cheap skimmers are bad bad news, it's one piece of kit worth spending a bit of money on
- i'd also want to see accessibility of equipment, if everything enclosed it could be a nightmare to upgrade anything should you want to or even to do basic maintenance
- electrics - what is seperatley controlled, again if you want to upgrade something you need to isolate the electrics which isn't always possible in these all in one set ups

however good points are
- cooling fans very useful
- t5 lighting is enough for 'easy' corals 10,000k is a decent colour spectrum

Good bits of kit but have their issues have a dig around some other forums as there are many journal style threads out there and lots of tips to resolving issues.

HTH

See here

Views and opinions, both negative and positive would be appreciated.

Cheers
Squid
It's included in the "Buyers guide to kids' tanks" in this months PFK. "As a marine Nano tank it ticks all the boxes.." but"... there were no instructions..."

Gordon

I have a 24G JBJ Nano Cube (how many gallons is this tank?). See Ms. Wiggles comments. Althought they have a nice look, they usually require many DIY's and modifications to get them where you want to be. However, many will work out of the box, but, have limitations.

As I have posted to many here before, there is nothing like a 20G Long and adding the equipment that YOU want for the type of reef YOU want instead of an 'all included' setup. My 24G has many modifications on it, but...heck...it's up to you.

SH

my personal opinion will be to get a 24g above a 12g, once your 12g is up and goin your soo limited to what and how many you can add. Modding a 12g will be a pain due to alot of upgrade parts don't fit. I was goin to get a small 12g and thought it will do for me but now that I have a 24g Im soo glade I did go for it... Im running a 150W BLV MH lamp, Sapphire Aquatics Protien skimmer, SRS select-a-flow surface skimmer, Tunze Osmolator top up system, Tunze Nanostream 6025, MJ1200 and a ATC800 temp controller...all that and it doesnt look like I tried to get 6 Sumo Wrestlers into a Mini :D

Most reactions

Back