Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-5 gallons

• 10+ gallons

• 5 + gallons

• Total voters
My Betta is in a 2.5 gallon with a filter and soon to be heater. He swims around playfully and swims in and out of this little sunken ship decor I have. He never hides, instead he flaunts himself at the front of the tank almost all the time. He looks happy. Maybe he's trying to keep warm? Haha, I need a damn heater.

My Betta is in a 2.5 gallon with a filter and soon to be heater. He swims around playfully and swims in and out of this little sunken ship decor I have. He never hides, instead he flaunts himself at the front of the tank almost all the time. He looks happy. Maybe he's trying to keep warm? Haha, I need a damn heater.

wall mart has a very small heater for 2-5 us gal, but you have to have a good THEMOMTER! the glass ones not the stickers you put on the sides, i have found them notoriously inaccurate. as the little heaters dont have adjustments and in a warm room they can get too warm. 74 is the lowest and 80 would be the highest, my guys mostly prefer 78, however any fish will adjust to a constant temp, so a heater is a very good idea. going from 78 in the heat of a summer day to 70 or yikes in the 60's at night would be stressful to any fish.

if you have a wallmart in ur area a mini heater and maby a mini filter would be a good idea. the tinest wisper wall mart caries is good for small tanks, of course you can use them as is but i dont use the receplacement cartridges, i stick a couple porcline rings in the bottom with a bit of filter floss and a small bio sponge, all mostly extra pices left over from cut down bit from other filters. that way once a month i just swish the filter bits in some dirty water froma tank change and put it back togather, keeps the bio filteration going. and i dont have to spend money on recplacemnets monthly. they dont have a real strong flow just enough to keep the scum coat from forming on the water surface.

I won't keep any living aquatic thing in less than 5gal personally.

I won't keep any living aquatic thing in less than 5gal personally.
but what defines "minimum" for u. I keep my bettas in 5 gal. not a "minimum requirement" tho. maintenance and care certainly factors in. but a general question gets a general answer in a voting poll.

5 gals is a minimum requirement for me. I'd consider 2-3 gal as a temporary home if I had absolutely nothing else larger whilst getting a bigger tank ( which is as simple as going to Wilkinsons and getting a big clear plastic tub for a couple of pounds. ) but I wouldn't keep a betta in one permanently if you paid me. No way.

Most reactions

Back