Opinions

It's your ornament and if you like it then surely that's what really matters? :D :good:

People all have different likes and dislikes, and while it's not my cup of tea personally, if it's what you like then fantastic. Just remember to put piccies up of your tank with your nice new ornament, as they can often look completely different when in situ. You may find you don't like it and non-believers do :lol:

Oh, and I'd pop it in the tank with the plants on to start off with. If you don't like them then you can take them off :D

It's your ornament and if you like it then surely that's what really matters? :D :good:

People all have different likes and dislikes, and while it's not my cup of tea personally, if it's what you like then fantastic. Just remember to put piccies up of your tank with your nice new ornament, as they can often look completely different when in situ. You may find you don't like it and non-believers do :lol:

Oh, and I'd pop it in the tank with the plants on to start off with. If you don't like them then you can take them off :D

I agree :good:

i'm not really into sunken ships, but the one you got looks quite good. in the future, i'd get one without the plastic plants though.

you'll find that algae will grow on it and make it more natural-looking. by the way, can you tell me the brand of the ornament and where you got it from?

The only plant i would remove from it is the pale seaweed plant thing, it just doesn't look right with all the other more freshwater looking plants attached to the ship.

i'm not really into sunken ships, but the one you got looks quite good. in the future, i'd get one without the plastic plants though.

you'll find that algae will grow on it and make it more natural-looking. by the way, can you tell me the brand of the ornament and where you got it from?
I got it from my lfs, on a discount sale.
Its by Penn Plax and from there "sunken garderns" ornament line.
Sunken-Gardens-Logo.jpg

SunkenGardensRR807to810.jpg

And thanks all of you for being so honest and helpful. I was trying to go for more of a natural feel and wanted a sunken ship with real-like features (rotten look, algea aged look, ex....) instead of those brightley colored ones.

I'm not a big fan of ornaments. However...this one doesn't look so bad. However, I would rip the fake plants off. They just take away from the overall 'beauty' of the ship.

I'm not a big fan of ornaments. However...this one doesn't look so bad. However, I would rip the fake plants off. They just take away from the overall 'beauty' of the ship.
Yeah, I believe Ill do that after I see it in the tank with the plants. You could hardly tell its a ship for all the plant blocking out the details!

Well, just remember to post pics of it in the tank. I bet it will look just fine.

Ohh, Ill sure to!
In good time though, dont wanna rush into things.....
But thanks, I hope it looks great!

It has a old rotten feal to it and hiding spots for fish. The plants also give it that aged look.....
I just wanted your opinions on if you think this is fake/like or tacky?

Hi ECCO :)

I wouldn't call it tacky. It's more like retro. ;)

55g32.jpg

Here's a pic of it in a 55gallon to show you how big it is.
Not my tank, but that of a member of another fish forum.

Also, they removed there plants from the wreck.

I got it from my lfs, on a discount sale.
Its by Penn Plax and from there "sunken garderns" ornament line.
Sunken-Gardens-Logo.jpg

SunkenGardensRR807to810.jpg

And thanks all of you for being so honest and helpful. I was trying to go for more of a natural feel and wanted a sunken ship with real-like features (rotten look, algea aged look, ex....) instead of those brightley colored ones.

Hi ecco
I really like the ship I bet it would even look better in the tank. I don't care to much for the plants either. I also have a big ship in my 55 gallon and I love it all I'm missing in it is some treasure..... :nod:

55g32.jpg

Here's a pic of it in a 55gallon to show you how big it is.
Not my tank, but that of a member of another fish forum.

Also, they removed there plants from the wreck.
That's a good pic. If it's a look you like, then go for it :D I'd have more pants for the fish in my tank but I like how big the ship is :good:

Yeah, its huge.... But it comes in smaller sizes.

And littleT, Im glad to know we have something in comin. I had a treasure chest in my 30gallon that was plastic and opened and closed, but I dont like ornaments like that much eanymore. Just a little to fake and kid-like. I also dislike divers....

Most reactions

Back