Opinions on new Apple devices?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mash-

Reaction score
Just wondering what people think about the new phones and macs. Personally I’m excited to benchmark the new macs to see how they stack up.

Im still using an iphone 6s plus. It works reasonably well and got the latest ios 15 update.

Im still using an iphone 6s plus. It works reasonably well and got the latest ios 15 update.
That’s one of the best things wit apple IMO treat your phone right can last for years, fact that they also give software updates for so long... As apple says, it just works

I use macbook pro and currently use iPhone 11 Pro, fairly decent and does what it says on the tin. Expensive but think worth it, wish apple would not dole out new iPhone every year as it hard to keep up with the new tech and prices make it doubly hard to do so.

Microsoft Windows have their place as I usually use those for my work laptop and is ok but more of a faff to get around to doing things and the extra firewalls and VPN can be a pain to implement sometimes.

I had an ipad mini years ago. I found it awkward to hold compared to my iphone 6s plus and often dropped it, resulting in a broken screen.
But now I prefer my 14 inch HP chromebook...it's lightweight, reasonable fast, inexpensive, has over 8 hours of battery life, and is great for performing mod duties that require typing.

I use macbook pro and currently use iPhone 11 Pro, fairly decent and does what it says on the tin. Expensive but think worth it, wish apple would not dole out new iPhone every year as it hard to keep up with the new tech and prices make it doubly hard to do so.

Microsoft Windows have their place as I usually use those for my work laptop and is ok but more of a faff to get around to doing things and the extra firewalls and VPN can be a pain to implement sometimes.
Apple is built to last but I agree some of the pricing is ridiculous such as the $20 cleaning cloth. Honestly as someone who needs a Unix environment Apple Macs provide that polish that running a virtual machine can’t provide . I usually upgrade my Mac and iPhone once every 5 years.

I had an ipad mini years ago. I found it awkward to hold compared to my iphone 6s plus and often dropped it, resulting in a broken screen.
But now I prefer my 14 inch HP chromebook...it's lightweight, reasonable fast, inexpensive, has over 8 hours of battery life, and is great for performing mod duties that require typing.
Personally I think phones have gotten so big that my phone is essentially my iPad . Mini iPads are a good device though.

He said <2 hrs. Got a piece of sheet metal at Lowe’s, already painted bronze, cut a hole in it for the power cord and pounded it into shape. I couldn’t find a decent one online. Most were attached to poles with swing out arms.
Just out of interest what does he do as a living? He looks very skilled.

He works from home since we left California. Up at 4:30 AM.
works until 5 PM, but takes off 2 hours to workout. We have a pretty nice home gym.
That sounds like a dream job. What’s his work life balance like? Sorry for being nosey by the way .

Not sure what that means.
what do you do?
Currently finishing secondary education planning to enter a tafe which means vocational education training for certificate 3 in information technology , certification 4 in information technology and then diploma in information technology. I plan to become a front end website developer after diploma in IT. By work life balance I mean things like, does he do over time, is he on call all the time .

Does that mean a secondary teaching credential? High school?

He gets calls sometimes in the evenings and on the weekends. Worse ones are from Korea. Language problems.
Yeah sort of I kind of am doing the equivalent of year 12 right now, nearly finished and into my career journey. Must be extremely annoying for him! How long has he worked as a engineer?

Most reactions

Back