Oops...

I like to use plants just from Tropica and, according to the staff in pets at home, its been an absolute nightmare getting hold of them. They finally got the first order since lock down and there was barely anything. Lots of planning time.
In my local pets at home is the same, either java fern or hygrophila to choose. Now only to choose java fern or java fern :/

It's going to be a very slow setting up process as I like to use plants just from Tropica and, according to the staff in pets at home, its been an absolute nightmare getting hold of them.
I prefer to use those too, tissue cultured by choice. In the same boat as you but got some tissue cultured plants on eBay from a seller called K2Aqua. Most of the plants were small but there were lots of them and they were all healthy. About a week and a half in and I haven't lost a single plant. In fact I have already split some of them and now have more plants than i started with - and some of the cuttings on the fast growing hygrophila are already bigger than the original stems I bought.

Op, are you Sonia?
because i know someone who uses that same user name.

why not?
Not Sonia, I usually use a different name for forums but here it was already taken so had to find something else and I'd been reading a book that had a little sprite in it called a Sylvan Riverseed so I thought it was appropriate for a fish forum.

In my local pets at home is the same, either java fern or hygrophila to choose. Now only to choose java fern or java fern :/
They've had real problems getting hold of them. The plants that have arrived in my local pets at home are the first ones they've received since countries started locking down and they got barely any.

I prefer to use those too, tissue cultured by choice. In the same boat as you but got some tissue cultured plants on eBay from a seller called K2Aqua. Most of the plants were small but there were lots of them and they were all healthy. About a week and a half in and I haven't lost a single plant. In fact I have already split some of them and now have more plants than i started with - and some of the cuttings on the fast growing hygrophila are already bigger than the original stems I bought.
I'll definitely have to have a look at them because I would like to get the tank started at some point in the not too distant future.

They've had real problems getting hold of them. The plants that have arrived in my local pets at home are the first ones they've received since countries started locking down and they got barely any.
Yes, they haven't also had the API tap water conditioner for some time, they still have no my favorite vacuum, the one that you can pull and make it long enough to not suck in very fine sand when vacuuming the sand. But sure they got rams and golden nugget plecs!

I can’t copy and paste on my iMac. (I hate Apple computers)

I have a ThinkPad, (Lenovo) and I like it much better. (That is my laptop)

I can’t copy and paste on my iMac. (I hate Apple computers)

I have a ThinkPad, (Lenovo) and I like it much better. (That is my laptop)
Really? Our mac has copy and paste...

The 2 otos in the big tank are settling in well apart from being almost as hard to spot as my Bettas, some days I'd swear that tank was empty. The 3 in quarantine are also settling in well and doing a good job of cleaning up the shrimp tank. It was supposed to be four but I think we were so busy chatting about wild Bettas as he was catching them he forgot about the 4th,didn't get charged for 4 so that's the main thing.
Thinking about a river bank scape for the tank so trying to find either real or artificial driftwood that looks like roots and then probably a plant that I can't remember the name of but it looks like grass.

Most reactions

Back