Online Tanks?

Generally, ordering tanks online isn't feasbile (except for smaller acrylic tanks) because of shipping charges. Shipping a glass tank can be expensive because of the breakage risk, thus few places that sell them online. For the most part, you should be able to buy tanks cheaper at the LFS or chain pet store than you can online.

Generally, ordering tanks online isn't feasbile (except for smaller acrylic tanks) because of shipping charges. Shipping a glass tank can be expensive because of the breakage risk, thus few places that sell them online. For the most part, you should be able to buy tanks cheaper at the LFS or chain pet store than you can online.
Agreed.

I was going to say if you lived in the US, that you can get cheap tanks on CraigsList. Then you would have to pick them up.

Shipping is not the best way to buy tanks, like stated before, there is a very high risk with the glass breaking during shipping.

-FHM

ok guys iv been round all local LFS's in my area all this week and even a maidenhead aquatics bout 15 mins away but i still dont see nothing i fancy for the prices they want thats why i thought i may give a online shop abit of a look but iv searched on google but cant find any decent stores.

I would just be careful who you order from. Depending on what size tank you are after, the delivery costs can be astonomical. Plus, if you by from a shop you can see what you are getting rather than just pictures. I considered buying my 40g on line, but when spending that much money i want to see it first.

You never know, in this economic you may be able to get some freebies thrown in from a fish shop. Oh, our local Maidenhead aquatics do a "Price match" deal which includes the larger online company prices. You just need to print off the page and take it in :good: Dont know whether it applies to all Maidenheads but worth a look :good:

I would just be careful who you order from. Depending on what size tank you are after, the delivery costs can be astonomical. Plus, if you by from a shop you can see what you are getting rather than just pictures. I considered buying my 40g on line, but when spending that much money i want to see it first.

You never know, in this economic you may be able to get some freebies thrown in from a fish shop. Oh, our local Maidenhead aquatics do a "Price match" deal which includes the larger online company prices. You just need to print off the page and take it in :good: Dont know whether it applies to all Maidenheads but worth a look :good:

ok mate thanks il have to look into it.

try this am going for one in a couple of days,if you leave it till Thursday i will let you know what its like as its nearly on my doorstep,cheap tanks and the look ok well i think they do.emails www.reef-aquariums.co.uk like i say am going to buy one on Thursday i will check it out and let you know.they give you all you need with the tank to ge you up and away IE filter lights.i am just going to put better in the tank,filters heaters,i will check out and let you know,,kenny

I got mine from aquariums delivered.co.uk. Delivery was fast and free.

hi, i see your from swansea :) could you travel down to j34 on the m4, theres a huge maidnen head down there :)

btw im from neath :)

Most reactions

Back