One Question

jimi priest

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so im setting up my second marine tank at the moment i have it all set up with all the plumbing done and all the live rock in but im wondering if i could lower the water temperature to about 65 degrees so i can get a Takifugu ocellatus which is at my lfs so im wondering what the best way to do that would be

best bet imo opinion is to just buy something else, they are very difficult to care for and very few live beyond six months in an aquarium

saying that, most people probably keep them in the wrong conditions (i.e. normal reef temps / salinity), so if correctly cared for you might be OK

see thats my problem im scouring every thing looking for there requirements and someone ive been taken to has had there's for over a year now and shes keeping it in full marine and 65 degrees. which is weird because there from china and Vietnam but its working for her

and also i hear that chillers are expensive loud and energy suckers

Yes, chillers are very in-efficient can cost multiple hundreds of $$$. For minor cooling, a fan blowing across the surface of the water might be the best way to go... or a seperate air conditioned room at the desired temp.... if your interested in Takifugu's, there is a thread in the bracksih section going on, not much base info, but for your benefit, might be interesting to see the experiences of another trying to keep this very sensitive species:

Takifugu Ocellatus

Ox :good:

Most reactions

Back