One of my beautiful girls I’ve watched grow from a fry. What’s yours?

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi all

When I first got Jack she was such a tiny little snapper and had no idea of the gender. Shes my OB (original Bristlenose) and I’ve loved watching her grow and run rings around the tank. She’s a little sassy bombshell... Look at that little fat tummy!! :wub:
0EBB6EB2-54F5-4888-93AF-3A7AD71A4366.jpeg

889D4DA2-5BE9-41D6-B540-0B63C4B25168.jpeg

Wow!!! What a beautiful, lovely girl! i have a bristle nose pleco too! Such a wonderful fish! She is a female as well but never seems to be sucking on the glass. She is mainly just hiding in her mini cave, and I don't know why... She used to be super active! I give her an algae wafer once a day, and she loves it! What do you feed your beautiful pleco? These are great pics too BTW! I love all the patterning and detail on her body too! You take very good care of this bristle nose pleco! Well done!:fish:

Wow!!! What a beautiful, lovely girl! i have a bristle nose pleco too! Such a wonderful fish! She is a female as well but never seems to be sucking on the glass. She is mainly just hiding in her mini cave, and I don't know why... She used to be super active! I give her an algae wafer once a day, and she loves it! What do you feed your beautiful pleco? These are great pics too BTW! I love all the patterning and detail on her body too! You take very good care of this bristle nose pleco! Well done!:fish:

I have candy and Jack which are my girls and handsome Kevin which is my albino male. All 3 are always out and about cleaning etc. I feed twice a day spirilla algae waffles and they have either fruit or veggies once a week. I feed them skinned grapes the other day and they went crazy. Thank you for your kind words about her, she’s pretty amazing

Attachments

• F31BA282-4E59-4D35-B1DC-72F41099E2C0.jpeg
    F31BA282-4E59-4D35-B1DC-72F41099E2C0.jpeg
    391.2 KB · Views: 82
Love your pleco! Shes so chunky!

Ive got a few ive raised from fry.

Freebie, my guppy girl was a tiny fry mixed in the neon tetras at the store, shes now a big pretty plain girl.
When i first saw her
20200214_181157.jpg

Recent. Nothing "special", basically a feeder guppy, but she's special to me and shes too cute.
received_912233559237650.jpeg

Ive also raised 3 of my platies that i have from wee little fry born in my tanks. Found homes for their siblings but kept 3.

20190903_144107.jpg

20200503_191457.jpg

And then theres the little cory... he was a rescue with others but he was just a little baby and in very very bad shape. He was just barely over half an inch long.
20191213_165620.jpg

received_234237227711318.jpeg

Love your pleco! Shes so chunky!

Ive got a few ive raised from fry.

Freebie, my guppy girl was a tiny fry mixed in the neon tetras at the store, shes now a big pretty plain girl.
When i first saw her
View attachment 104493
Recent. Nothing "special", basically a feeder guppy, but she's special to me and shes too cute.
View attachment 104494

Ive also raised 3 of my platies that i have from wee little fry born in my tanks. Found homes for their siblings but kept 3.

View attachment 104495
View attachment 104496

And then theres the little cory... he was a rescue with others but he was just a little baby and in very very bad shape. He was just barely over half an inch long.
View attachment 104497
View attachment 104498

Love the bronze :wub: As everyone knows I’m a sucker for cories!! I got a few little bubs in my Cory colony that are just adorable!
I got a guppy that I raised from birth, mumma pasted while giving birth and I got 3 little fry. She’s a little girl and called lucky as she was my only one that survived.
look at the size differences with your platy, so cute and tiny and now all grown

Most reactions

Back