One Eyed Neon

samyboy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
the other day my female betta turned a shade of grey removing one of my neons eyes, at the time he/she was very skittish and jerky a few days later all is fine but the single eye easily dissorientates the poor fish i turned the light on to check they were okay and it was upsidown couple of seconds later it realised and self righted, the fish doesnt seem to be in distress but ive not actually seen it eat since the accident

any advice on the best thing todo with it,

the other day my female betta turned a shade of grey removing one of my neons eyes, at the time he/she was very skittish and jerky a few days later all is fine but the single eye easily dissorientates the poor fish i turned the light on to check they were okay and it was upsidown couple of seconds later it realised and self righted, the fish doesnt seem to be in distress but ive not actually seen it eat since the accident

any advice on the best thing todo with it,

I don't know what to say about the neon but I highly suggest removing the female into a 1g tank minimum.

i have a day-glo neon. it came home with 2 eyes and i dont know what happened, but one day it had only 1 eye left. i actually thought it was dying b/c it was swimming on its side all disoriented like yours was for a few weeks. that was at least a year ago. but, its learned to correct itself in time and now its doing great. my advise- just give it a cool name like 'patch' and let him see if he can work it out on his own.

goooooood was hoping for a reply like that still seems fine even had a bite to eat this morning so ill just keep my fingers crossed it doesnt get infected over the next few weeks

i have a day-glo neon. it came home with 2 eyes and i dont know what happened, but one day it had only 1 eye left. i actually thought it was dying b/c it was swimming on its side all disoriented like yours was for a few weeks. that was at least a year ago. but, its learned to correct itself in time and now its doing great. my advise- just give it a cool name like 'patch' and let him see if he can work it out on his own.

Just to confirm this, I had exactly the same thing happen with Emperor Tetra. It recovered the same way and got right back into the shoal. Outlived many of 'em too!

Good luck,

K.

Most reactions

Back