One color platy+another color platy=

Aquagurl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:D Hi!
I was thinking what if i buy for example all black platies and right now i have the orange platies with black fins. Would they cross breed? If any of you did that and actually got the fry, could you please post some pics of how do the mixed babies look!!! ;) Any info and pics will be great! :nod:

I have baby platies that are mixed. Some are orange like the mother and some are bluish, but most are half and half. They are really pretty.

LoveMyFish said:
I have baby platies that are mixed. Some are orange like the mother and some are bluish, but most are half and half. They are really pretty.
:D Hi! thanx for replying!
and :cool: that you got mixed babies! but do u have any pics of them?
and you also said "buish" r there such things as blue platies?
Thanx in advance! ;)

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures although I would like to. You might be able to find some on a search engine by just typing in "platies and pictures".
The bluish color is kind of a very light iridescent almost white blue.
I love platy babies- they are the cutest, sweetest little things. Mine are not fully grown yet, and it's so great to see their colors developing. I would recommend getting different colored platies because you might end up with some babies that have unique coloring like you haven't seen before. It's a lot of fun, just be ready for lots of babies. :blink: :) Good luck.

I saw some black and white platies at my local Petsupermarket. I've never seen platies with no orange on them. :blink:

Most reactions

Back