One Clown Loach Left Out Of 4 After Whitespot

Just got in from work and have noticed that the clown is worse, I think I am going to have to euthanase as it is another 3 days yet til I can give another dose of anything. Should I keep treating the tank afterwards to make sure the whitespot is cleared ?. :(

suprised to hear about Protozin not working so often, the last time i had a white spot issue i used Interpet and it cleared it all up in a matter of days, never tried Protozin for white spot

i do remember using protozin for livebearers who were flicking a lot and it did nothing, but i think that was flukes and protozin doesnt really market itself to help fluke problems anyway

if protozin is not that effective for white-spot then it makes me wonder what the point of Protozin is at all LOL

I think by time I started using it the white spot was to far in and nothing would of worked.

Just got in from work and have noticed that the clown is worse, I think I am going to have to euthanase as it is another 3 days yet til I can give another dose of anything. Should I keep treating the tank afterwards to make sure the whitespot is cleared ?. :(

Hi. When mine all died of white spot I did a 50% water change, put salt in and more treatment, raised the temp and left it a few days. Then did 60% water change and treated tank again and left it a couple more days. Reduced temp and started adding fish again. Never had any problems from doing that.

I've used protozin for a major breakout with 4 clowns, 15 tetras and various plec (inc my arabesque) and it worked perfectly. I would suggest that if the treatment (treat for 16days from when the spots fall off) is not working there is something else contributing. Please post up some info about your tank inc. water stats

I'm now treating my main community tank after I added a loach 4 days ago, this time I'm using Interpet WSP. The spots have left the loach now so will be in the mid part of the cycle.

Before dosing, give your tank a 50% water change. When dosing, remove all carbon filters - DO NOT change the water for the first 10 days (at 10days give a 25% and vacuum the substrate) then work out how much treatment that 25% removed then add the relevant treatment dose.

Whitespot is not difficult to get rid of unless there is an underlying reason why the fish are keeping stressed out, nail the cause then kill the whitespot

Good luck, HTH

My tank stats were in my original post in the emegency section. The fourth clown loach has also died now but all the other fish look great and are swimming about and playing. Maybe I just caught it too late :rip: .

Thank you everyone for your help it is very much appreciated and like they say once bitten twice shy, I will be prepared for it next time.

Bless him R.I.P.

Most reactions

Back