On Ebay Thought One Of You Might Be Interested

80 quid for a common silver arowana, the seller is having a laugh! :lol:

That's "retailer" prices, not "2nd-hand" prices.... He might be able to get £50 for it from the right person but £80 is a bit steep.

Ben

Even at retail a 15" silver for £80 is a bit steep, large commonly available fish are difficult to sell as the customer can easily buy a 3" specimin of the same species and in a year or so have a fish of the same size so the fish end up sitting in tank waiting for the right customer, taking up valuable selling space and costing money to feed. Most lfs would price the fish at £50 just to be shot of it quicker.

Perhaps someone should email the individual and let them know that they're not going to have any luck selling at such a price! :/

I guess you could, I dont see why not, Ive seen many people sell africans on ebay here in the US and have been quite sucessfull doing so. Although everyone on ebay is quite a bit pricey.

Didn't think you were allowed to sell live animals on ebay!
You can sell anything on Ebay that you can mail. You can mail live fish and therefore they are allowed. I presume most other livestock is not carried (I know there is an old law on the statute books that explicitly bans the posting of live pigs through Royal Mail...)

Didn't think you were allowed to sell live animals on ebay!
You can sell anything on Ebay that you can mail. You can mail live fish and therefore they are allowed. I presume most other livestock is not carried (I know there is an old law on the statute books that explicitly bans the posting of live pigs through Royal Mail...)

what?? no posting Pigs? - darn. :D :D

Most reactions

Back