On A Trip For 10 Days

jonny5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Now i know most fish are fine for a week without food if they are well fed, but i might be pushing it for 10 days. I want to try to put in a food supply so i was thinking of using my already worn down breeder net and pocking a hole in the side, then buying 40ish ghost shrimp and keeping them in the breeder net. I assume they will eventually start leaving through the small hole and get picked off by my fish.

This should help for at least the first 2 or 3 days no?

you could give it a go... personally i think they'd survive 10 days long if you fed them as soon as you get back. but feeding them shrimp couldn't hurt? besides if the shrimp dont go through the holes and cause a spike

You could just let them go in the tank and provide some hiding spots where they can't be eaten. You could buy a few terra-cotta plant pots, spawning mops, or just use plants. There should be some that survive 10 days. I would drop a few pieces of food inside the pots where other large fish can't fit in but the shrimp can. Then the shrimp have a food source.

You could just let them go in the tank and provide some hiding spots where they can't be eaten. You could buy a few terra-cotta plant pots, spawning mops, or just use plants. There should be some that survive 10 days. I would drop a few pieces of food inside the pots where other large fish can't fit in but the shrimp can. Then the shrimp have a food source.

hmm ya thats not a bad idea. That way they will be relativly safe but when they venture out they will be food

Most reactions

Back