Omg

cleekdaFish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I was installing my new eheim canister(which btw folks are fantastic! esp the outlet , u can make a stream like effect) When I finshe with the installation I started to prime it, but I didnt see any water flow , so I unplugged it and opened up the lid and the next thing I know water started to gush out! I tried to put back the lid on, but to no avail , the water pressure was too much and the most worrisome part...was my timer, it was getting splashed with incoming tank water , i said oh **** , there goes my whole system! and ,me!! cuz I had water on me....Fortunately I turned off the shutoff valve that was connected to the hose

Now its working and its great! :good:

I did exactly the same thing first day in my job about 3 years ago, problem was it was in the middle of a busy shop and the tank held around 400 litre's!!!!!!

But i know what I'm doing know ;)

I bet you have made a mess of your pants lol! That sounds like a right nightmare lol

I used to work for Orange and we had some similar 'leakages', most when trying to top the tanks up in the summer, alot of them where built into the wall or into tables, lost count of how many times I nearly flooded the shop... on the top of step ladders with huge drums of water.... oops

LOL Orange u say, what's what i do ;)

their about 30% of my work load though, you work in any of the southern (m4 or below) area?

Nah. I used to work in some of their Northern stores as a sales floor manager. Our local fish man sometimes didnt visit for months at a time so I used to end up doing some of it. Mostly just cleaning the powerheads and topping them up. They used to go down by an inch a day in the summer when the aircon was on.

The last store I worked in was Manchester Arndale, it had a pretty massive tank. thankfully I only ever had to top that up. Had two external filters which I didnt dare touch.

Here is the tank, its behind the grey felt. You can barely see it, I think the lights were off... someone broke the timer that days oops

shop.jpg

Was it the large bloke, Matt.

Ye their the standed port hole funny how may people think their separate tanks.
Very easy to work on as well which i like.

P.S.Sorry to high jack the thread......:(

So I was installing my new eheim canister(which btw folks are fantastic! esp the outlet , u can make a stream like effect) When I finshe with the installation I started to prime it, but I didnt see any water flow , so I unplugged it and opened up the lid and the next thing I know water started to gush out! I tried to put back the lid on, but to no avail , the water pressure was too much and the most worrisome part...was my timer, it was getting splashed with incoming tank water , i said oh **** , there goes my whole system! and ,me!! cuz I had water on me....Fortunately I turned off the shutoff valve that was connected to the hose

Now its working and its great! :good:

I have one of these filters, can't decide whether to put the "stream" effect on.......

Was it the large bloke, Matt.

Ye their the standed port hole funny how may people think their separate tanks.
Very easy to work on as well which i like.

He was a large guy yeah

The problem with one of the stores (carlisle) is that it was the only store for about 50 miles lol, so we didnt get anyone visit us.

Thats one of the newer portholes which is lot easier than some of the older ones, notably the one in chester. As they have done each new concept store they have got better and better.

They are still far from perfect, the only way to clean the insides of the portholes on the middle pane is to pull it off the runners which is scary.

Aaron

</thread hijack>

can we make this thread into horror stories abt ur tank setup?

Share ur stories :unsure:

Ok, how about a tank in a shop larger than the tank in the pic above well mature at 5+ years, and the fount face popping off and flooding a shop is 30 seconds.....

Luckily their was a facier in fount of it stopping the face falling to the floor and smashing!!!!!!!!

Very rare in tanks older then 1 year old!!!!

Luckily all the gold fish and pleco's survived it.

well I hav bad news , I think my timer has shortcircuited , its going bonkers and my doors of the stand cant close , so this sux :sad:

id worry most about the doors - if they cant close does that mean the middle of the top of your stand is dropping? that would mean the weight on top won't be distributed evenly so it could collapse or the tank could crack eek, good luck anyway hope all works ok :)

thx, Im gonna let the bottom surface dry and then see if the door closes , if not, gotta sand the botton of the doors , i made the stand

Most reactions

Back