Omg My New Red Female Is Dead

marieukxx

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I just discovered her dead at the bottom of the tank!!!!! What the hell happened? She was nipped on the fins and her fins were split. I didn't see fighting, last I saw her she was resting at the top of the tank on a plant.

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your loss :( :rip:

Have you checked your water parameters?

So sorry to hear this Marie. R.I.P little one :fish: :rip: I hope that the rest of your girls are ok. Have you tested your water? :(

Yeah it wasn;t the water. Do you think she was bullied to death? I noticed the one in charge is my original. She chases a lot but I've seen no more fights. I just don't know what to do at this point. I was so happy with my sorority. I wanted to get another 2 but now I just don't know.

I thinkk my original female is bosing everyone. The others all seem to be ok fin wise but she seems to chase the one I think is probably a boy a lot. That one is very fast and zips off quickly.

I've seen no more fights they just swim around and occasionaly chase. What would you guys advise I do?

do you have a breeder trap? if so, feel free to get a few more new girls. rearrange the decor in the tank and add all the fish save the "original", bully girl. keep her in breeding net for a few days then reintroduce her with the sorority. Its an old trick for meanie girlies, and often does the trick!
hope that helped.
cheers

Maybe they fought behind your back. Bettas are very violent, even when mating. Sometimes males can even kill the female while mating.

How many bettas are in your tank and what gender bettas do you have? I know that two females and one male equals a horrific brawl X_X

im so sorry for you :-( maybe it was a illness you poor thing i've never had a fish loss so i wouldent know what if feel's like so sorry for your loss :no: i once had a dream were apple king died that was my worst dream ever :-( but she's at rest now

ps:is there any thing i can do to make it better?

Most reactions

Back