Omg Jumping!

sunpirate2u

Fishaholic
Reaction score
OMG my betta just did something the scared me :shout: ! I was opening the lid of her tank and she almost jumped all the way out :sick: ! Pearl landed on her plant that was barley sticking out of the surface. Luckily she wiggled back into the water :nod: . So I have a question,
all the bettas I ever had jumped up when the lid opens, why? Excitement?

sometimes they jump if water conditions arent good, but if you keep them clean it shouldnt be that. sometimes for food, all sorts of reasons

Two of my girls always jump when I open their lid compartment. They associate it with food IMO. Water is absolutely fine and since it only happens when I open lid for feeding...

My mums do the same too, excitement and hunger = jumpy bettas.

Two of my girls always jump when I open their lid compartment. They associate it with food IMO. Water is absolutely fine and since it only happens when I open lid for feeding...

Same here so she must just be excited

Ive had females jump right out fo the water and fall down to the capret below, over a 4 foot drop.

Just pick them up and put them back in.

Some are jumpers :)

Ive had females jump right out fo the water and fall down to the capret below, over a 4 foot drop.

Just pick them up and put them back in.

Some are jumpers :)

you would think you would learn that is not good for them, it can cause "stupidity" on both parts. (both you for letting it jump and fall 4ft and the betta for jumping)

It was unavoidable. It was one or two that did it and always when I would open the cover lid to feed a sorority of females (ranging 10 -15)

Quite a few times,they would jump at the food and often flip right out of the tank. It didnt happen all the time.

But thanks for insulting me.

well you just said that a betta fallling 4 feet was no big deal and just put them back. and its alwase avoidable, you could cut a hole in the lid so you dont have to open it.

Neither fish that jumped ever seemed hurt. I put them back in and they went about her busniess gobbling up food.

Most reactions

Back