Omg Help!

Thats good new then.

So Mum's just let on that oh, by the way their fins are still clamped.
Being stuck away from my fish when they need me the most is driving me absoutely nuts. I get home tonight with any luck (no more rain) so I'm really hoping that I can fix them.

Don't bother praying for me, pray for my fish! :fish: thanks. I really hope they're okay. My parents have absolutely no clue. They just know that you put water in a big glass box and little scaly things swim in it. They might even have a vague idea that if you put something like roundup or bleach or Gro-fast in the water the little scaly things stop swimming and start smelling bad.

SO FRUSTRATED!

lol. I prayed for both, satisfied? My dad used to ahve fish so has has a little more than a vauge idea of what to do if i got real sick or was gone. I hope they make it!

Yeah, thanks... mine do NOT get what I see in buying expensive colourful scaly things and putting them in an expensive glass box so I can put expensive powders, pellets, flakes and wriggly things in there... lol

lol. When you put it like that, it dosent make sense! But when i look at my fishy's its all worth it!

Makes sense to me..

I came home and found the source of clamped fins. One is the male - he doesn't have one to drop. The other is the one that managed to gouge a hole in her head. The water quality is still less than ideal, anything less tough than livebearers would have died. So she's got a secondary fungus infection on her head. It's not serious and I can easily fix it.

Thankyou all so much! If I'd only taken the LFS's advice and put salt in I would have lost them all - my best three! So glad they're okay.

I am REALLY annoyed with my parents right now. My mother has been reading my emails and my father keeps insisting they're not sick. They just happened to mention that they take several hours to 'wake up'. Meaning that until midday they lie on the bottom of the tank.

Fins unclamped but no other change to behavior. Fish lying draped on plants, wood etc. Seem unable to support their own weight for the first half of the day, afterwards behave almost normally.

#%$@ !!!

It's gotta be water quality. But how?

You mentioned that you live in the us, do you have a culligan water store near you, if you are in a small town with mainly well water then you probably do, either way they sell ro water thats what I use in my tank, but you do have to add minerals back into it.

Actually I live in Australia. The town water supply comes from an irrigation dam and is treated. I'm hoping like hell that the treatment removes whatever is making my fish sick. The LFS uses it and hasn't had problems with the supply. I'm going to buy dechlorinator and see if I can get some of that water.

Our trip to the city tomorrow has been cancelled (roads are blocked by floodwaters and mudslides). So bye bye test kits.
I could really throw a childish tantrum about now.

I would be doing the same thing as you at this point, when it comes to the tantrum, and my poor husband would be walking in the rain to get me a test kit, that is if he didnt want to sleep in the rain. you cant order one C.O.D.?

Most reactions

Back