Ok Who Votes That My Grandmother Should Get A 5 Gallon Tank?

JenJ said:

Robbo makes a fair point, here. SeaGoddess, this type of thing belongs on Facebook, where the people you communicate with are friends, and at your level. On here, the majority of us are adult, with an adults viewpoint.
+ whatever.

As an aside, has the Apostrophe Police made a booboo?
tongue2.gif

Gah!!!! It had to happen eventually. Curses!
SeaGoddess said:
Ughhhh. I was asking a question. She wants a tank. Why else would I ask. She is just one of those people who is silly about things. 

You didn't say she wanted one. The way I interpreted the question was as though you were trying to persuade her to have one, and wanted a body of evidence behind you - so you could say to her "All my friends on TFF say you should have one".

I see my kids on Facebook all the time answering "All those who think Girl A should go out with Boy B like this" type questions. That's where this type of question belongs, in my opinion.

Noahsfish said:

Why does everybody do this on the forum. You ask a question and they try and give you advice or go off topic. Rather annoying.

I say 'aye'. It'll keep anybody good company.
Isn't that the point of asking a question, getting advice?

For example, which fish is more agressive, a gourami or a betta? Aye.

Doesn't really make sense.....

Go and read. 

I vote: YES! AYE! she should. 

What I meant was she asked a question and then people aren't answering, they are trying to tell her a 5 gallon is too small etc... SHE DIDN'T ASK THAT DID SHE?!

wow... some people.

Again, going back to your other thread, if you post something on a forum, you are inviting comments upon it. THe OP is not obliged to take on board any of the advice given. But many people appreciate the detailed advice that they are given. That's what this forum does, it gives detailed advice.

I want to get her a 5 gallon so she can manage it easily. There are lots of fish people here and this is why I asked. Sorry I asked...

Please try not to be offended. Many of us are passionate about fish and see too many things that get our hackles up. I think getting a 5g tank for your Grandma is perfectly fine if she expressed an interest. What a fun way for the two of you to spend time together!

Colonel Dibble said:
Why does everybody do this on the forum. You ask a question and they try and give you advice or go off topic. Rather annoying.

I say 'aye'. It'll keep anybody good company.
Isn't that the point of asking a question, getting advice?
For example, which fish is more agressive, a gourami or a betta? Aye.
Doesn't really make sense.....

Go and read. 

I vote: YES! AYE! she should. 

What I meant was she asked a question and then people aren't answering, they are trying to tell her a 5 gallon is too small etc... SHE DIDN'T ASK THAT DID SHE?!

wow... some people.

Am i missing something? Who said a 5 gallon was too small? I know some people enjoy arguing, but I didn't mean to offend you...I still don't understand what you're saying, she asked a question so people are giving her advice, that's the point (at least how I see it) of this forum. It's not really a yes or no question when you have no background on that persons situation, so saying go ahead and get her a 5 gallon could lead to neglect on the grandmothers part simply because she didn't really want a betta.

SeaGoddess said:
I want to get her a 5 gallon so she can manage it easily. There are lots of fish people here and this is why I asked. Sorry I asked...

Please don't be offended, we had no background information to go by so we had to assume.

Would it be possible to get her a bigger tank? Say, a 10 or 15 gallon? If she had a bigger tank then there would be more options to what fish she could stock, instead of say, just a Betta. There would also be more space for her to play around with, in terms of aquascaping.

Most reactions

Back