Ok... This Just Wasn't Cool...

Hubby went to our local fish shop (Fish People in Keighley) the other day for some food, and saw some dyed parrot fish. Funny considering they used to boast that they'd signed the PFK dyed fish thingie, I bet that posters gone now they've got those in. -_-
really!?
they are now stocking dyed fish, thats my local too. if they are keeping the dyed fish i will have to look for another fish shop.
i saw those posters too, when i sw them i was pleased that they wouldnt stock dyed fish, i really hope they dont get tatooed fish in.
just out of curiosity, are the dyed fish those in the back corner that are blue?
i wasnt sure if they were dyed or not.

Yep, if they're parrot fish, and they're blue/turquoise, it cant be natural therefore they're definitely dyed. The shop's gone seriously downhill IMO, which is a shame, because the manager's apparently a decent bloke to chat to. Hires some complete pratts, but the manager's ok lol.

My Lfs, is Maidenhead Aquatics. the have a policy to not sell dyed fish. not sure if this is everyone i the country but it is down here. i always like to go have a look down there. and onl once seen about 8 parrots in 30g some tattoed and some dyed. i said Simon (worker) i thought you wernt selling them. he said "my friends fish shop has gone under so he had to get rid of the remaining stock." o so you got thse from him? "Yes he said he had nothing left to do witthem other than kill them as no1 wants them, so i took them for free." o how much you selling them for? "nothing. who ever asks to buy one. ill say how many. and give them off for free (obv checking they have enough room in there tank) the next week i went in (want live food) they were all gone!! so overall very impressed.

Yep, if they're parrot fish, and they're blue/turquoise, it cant be natural therefore they're definitely dyed. The shop's gone seriously downhill IMO, which is a shame, because the manager's apparently a decent bloke to chat to. Hires some complete pratts, but the manager's ok lol.
yeah i noticed them before, but doesnt look like they are injected, are they fed dyed foods?
the guy who owns the place, ian knows a lot, but his wife, kath is much more friendly to talk to i think, certainly well knowledged, i agree they do hire some thick students to work at weekends (no offence students who work hard)
i will have to have a word next time i'm in and try to stop them selling them.
thanks for telling me that :good:

Hubby went to our local fish shop (Fish People in Keighley) the other day for some food, and saw some dyed parrot fish. Funny considering they used to boast that they'd signed the PFK dyed fish thingie, I bet that posters gone now they've got those in. -_-

I saw him too :

J4MES

yeah i noticed them before, but doesnt look like they are injected, are they fed dyed foods?
the guy who owns the place, ian knows a lot, but his wife, kath is much more friendly to talk to i think, certainly well knowledged, i agree they do hire some thick students to work at weekends (no offence students who work hard)
i will have to have a word next time i'm in and try to stop them selling them.
thanks for telling me that :good:

I think my hubby prefers Ian, as his missus can get a bit arsey if you want your money back when their fish die. I personally wont buy fish for my tank from there again, although I cant stop hubby getting them for his. Their supplier is sh*t. Seriously, get your bum to Leeds for your fish, Pet City and Paws 4 Thought are much much much much better. It'll show you what a real fish shop is like!

Fish People was much better when Harry ran it a few years back. I wonder what happened to him (and whether we could tempt him back LOL).

its good to hear experiences of fish shops from other people, not many fish from there have died on me before a few weeks of having them so i havent had to get a refund,
isnt leeds to far to travel, its an hour with good traffic, more if traffics bad, wont the fish get cold or something in the bags?
what about bradford's pet city, isnt that just as good as leeds petcity?

I have to disagree there lisa, i do believe they get their stocks in from JMC imo very good.

J4MES

No offense James, but a. they sell dyed fish, b. I lost £75 worth of fish from them within a week of getting them due to their (admitted) crap suppliers, and c. I've been going there on/off for about 11 years now, and know how good it used to be before they changed hands.

I wouldn't say they were the crappest in the country, but I'd certainly not recommend them to anyone - not when there are excellent fish shops that are 100 times better within easy travelling distance ;)

Most reactions

Back