Ok Now I Am Feeling So Left Out!

FBTgirl

Fish Herder
Reaction score
OK so I am in North Dakota for the summer :hyper: Very Fun :hyper: But anyway I saw a petstore so I decided I have about 4 days left here I might as well look at it. They only had 6 female Bettas. But guess what! They where all crowntails, small, females and I got so mad because I am over 2,000 miles away from home so I cant take them back. Darn my petstores they only sell veiltials and crowntail males. I have been looking for a crowntail female for so long and when I find them I cant buy one:( Plus I left all my money in my uncles barn so I could not have bought one anyway :-( I feel like CA petstores have me :lol: But At least I know North Dakota still loves me so much:) My dad says the fish back home are still good. Lucky me You Beta got over Dropsey ( Or what ever he had) before I had to come here.
And then a was looking at a wall mart fish section and they had tons of Bettas, and of course they where all fine except for one little female who had about 1 inch of water left in it cup :no: But they rest looked like little fat healthy Bettas. But They where charging a lot for them and I think thats why they had tons because no one would buy them.

Check at your local pet shops every time you go through. I have two female crowntails that I got at the Petsmart I work at. They aren't labeled crowntail. We just occasionally get one or two in with all the veiltails. I noticed these two while changing the betta's water so I set them aside and bought them.

I think if you look around and check out the locally owned LPS, you may find one that carries a better grade of Betta. I finally checked out my local lps where I get my tanks. He's a real wheeler and dealer and speciallizes in African Cichlids. But he also runs Betta fights after hours. He sells both Bettas for display and the hardier fighters. He can get me what I want. But my fav's are VTs and PKs. I get my VTs where I find them, but I have picked up some nice PKs, both male and female from him now.Most likely if you are ina a town of any size, you can find such a place.

nice :good: . my lfs use to supply really really common and limited fishes, for a year or so. and one day i went in and almost fainted. they stocked fishes like bichirs, aros, stingrays and the list goes on. i asked the guy and he said he was bored of common fishes :D

Just as a matter of point, I have ordered online Betta and had Thai Betta shipped. But since I am not interested in breeding Bettas, it seemed extravegent to pay $50 to $150 for a fish that has a normal lifespan of 2 years. So I am delighted that I have a local source that will get me some nice fish of even breedable quality for an lps cost.

What part of CA are you in FTBgirl? There is also a CA branch of the CA Betta Society and it looks like a Show in San Jose coming up in Septemper. Show grade fish at reasonable prices. are sold at shows.

I am up near Palm Springs. I do check the stock of fish every last one of them! But I can't find CT females

I was at PetCo last night buying filter cartridges and saw female bettas and male CTs from sale. That's the first time I've seen such a thing in Boise. Unfortunately, I don't have space for another Betta and I don't really want to breed them.

I work in fishkill and have found some really nice Bettas, male and female, in the Petco in Poughkeepsie.

Most reactions

Back