Ok Im Gona Giv Up

paudie22

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hello people im near going mad here because every pleco i get dies very quickly... iv a 34 gallon tank wit 7 swrdtails 3 guppys 7 mollies 4 zebra danios and til now a golden pleco.... its same every time it happend they jus sat near the area i have my heater and filter for a day or so move a little ignore my pleco tablets then bang i find them dead.... my tank temp is 267 degrees my stats are all zero, nitrates, nitrites and naitrates but i dont know my ph... i dont want to keep buying the poor things for them to die but i really like them and want to keep them. could it be anyting to do wit the temp as they seem to stick by the heater??

my tank temp is 267 degrees my stats are all zero, nitrates, nitrites and naitrates but i dont know my ph... i dont want to keep buying the poor things for them to die but i really like them and want to keep them. could it be anyting to do wit the temp as they seem to stick by the heater??

Hey

do you mean 67F ? if so thats only about 19 degrees C which is too low for them,
or 26C which is fine?

how long has the tank been set up? and have you done any water changes whilst they were in the tank, if so what percentage?

my stats are all zero, nitrates, nitrites and naitrates but i dont know my ph..

i think you mean nitrates, nitrites and ammonia? have you tested for ammonia?

my tank temp is 267 degrees my stats are all zero, nitrates, nitrites and naitrates but i dont know my ph... i dont want to keep buying the poor things for them to die but i really like them and want to keep them. could it be anyting to do wit the temp as they seem to stick by the heater??

Hey

do you mean 67F ? if so thats only about 19 degrees C which is too low for them,
or 26C which is fine?

how long has the tank been set up? and have you done any water changes whilst they were in the tank, if so what percentage?

my stats are all zero, nitrates, nitrites and naitrates but i dont know my ph..

i think you mean nitrates, nitrites and ammonia? have you tested for ammonia?

sorry ye 26C tats the temp. i done a water change last week done 30 litres wich is around 20% i usually do a change every week or 2 weeks. oh another typo i mant ammonia.... tanks been running since august but it was running for years before that i got it 2nd hand

Well your readings should be 0 (zero) for ammonia and nitrite. However you should have a small reading for nitrate, if you do not something is not properly cycled.

How ofen do you feed? What all do you feed your fish and pleco?

What does the pleco look like before he dies? Does he seem skinny like he doesn't eat, etc.?

Also how do you introduce the new plecos into your tank?

Well your readings should be 0 (zero) for ammonia and nitrite. However you should have a small reading for nitrate, if you do not something is not properly cycled.

How ofen do you feed? What all do you feed your fish and pleco?

What does the pleco look like before he dies? Does he seem skinny like he doesn't eat, etc.?

Also how do you introduce the new plecos into your tank?
[/q

i feed them once a day jus a small sprinkle of flake. the pleco i giv a pleco tablet evrey second day. all plecos seem quiet they dont move much but dont seem too skinny at all.

when introducing i leav the pleco in the bag sitting in the tank for 20-30 mins to aclimatise the fish then let him go... adding a lil stress coat to keep them goin

I suggest when you get a pleco trying to offer more or different foods. Such as cucumber, zuchinii, vegetables of the sorts. Also lettuces. See if this helps them perk up some.

Sorry if i missed this, but how often do you do water changes? and how much?

What kind of filter do you have on the tank?

Plecos do produce a lot of waste, however i think feeding may be more of an issue.

I suggest when you get a pleco trying to offer more or different foods. Such as cucumber, zuchinii, vegetables of the sorts. Also lettuces. See if this helps them perk up some.

Sorry if i missed this, but how often do you do water changes? and how much?

What kind of filter do you have on the tank?

Plecos do produce a lot of waste, however i think feeding may be more of an issue.

i change water once a week or fortnight and i change 30 litres at a time.

the filter is a sharri (tink its this it hard 2 read) 220-240 v it came with the tank and i am looking to change it but a new filter is dear for my size of tank and christmas is coming.

i was goin to start feeding cucumber when he died but i hav been feeding pleco tablets, he was eating algae of the tank and the odd wafer that i feed the fish

Most reactions

Back