Oh the horror!

Hi Sorrell :)

What wonderful pictures! :thumbs: I especially liked seeing your original Jabba. :nod:

Are they regular earthworms from your garden, or did you buy them somewhere? My frogs would certainly enjoy some of them. They are still growing, but live food would help them grow faster and bigger. :flex:

Best of luck with them. I'm sure they will all have long and happy lives with the great care you give them! :D

Thanks inchworm! The worms are just ones from the fly store used for bait. I may go back and get smaller ones though. The ones I bought today are so much smaller than Jabba #1's that I thought they looked alright, but they still struggled a bit. I suppose I should do a more varied diet than we have done with Jabba, but I'm always paranoid to shy from something that has worked so well. :p

Hi Sorrell :)

I will have to find a bait store then. :nod: That seems like the perfect thing for my frogs. I feed them mainly on shrimp pellets and they are growing, but I know they would do better with live food.

What do you do with the worms after you get them? Do you clean them any special way, or keep them in the refrigerator? :dunno:

I keep them in the fridge and when I go to feed, i just pull out a cup of tank water and dunk them in it to get the dirt off and dump them in. :) I really think they are perfect if you want live food because they move, so they grab their attention, but they aren't fast moving like fish so the frog doesn't have to do a lot of work to catch them. Plus the frogs love them! :D

Most reactions

Back