Oh Dear

grumpymole

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi i need a new tank as i am getting bored of my other two.
Do any of you know where i could buy a new (that rules out ebay) cheapish tank that is say... 20 uk gallons or more?
by the way i live in England and don't want to pay heavy shipping/transportation fees.
Cheers :)

England is rather a big place ;) tried your lfs :dunno: that would be the only obvious place if you don't want shipping charges. And 20 gallons is hardly worth a courier anyway - especially if you're looking for a cheap tank -_-

If you're getting bored of your other two tanks, try rearranging them. When I got bored with my tank, I was about to quit fishkeeping, but then I went planted. Which gave me a whole other world to deal with, and no way to stop excelling.

Yes my lfs does not sell tanks apart from the ocasional amount of betta bowls although they are usualy gone within a few days and the nearest place that i know of that sells tanks is so far away that it would cost as much as a courier in petrol just to get there.

I did rearrange the tank several times within the last few weeks but it is doing nothing for me not to metion stressing the fish.

Hi, I have just bought a new tank. I looked on internet first and some places do deliver for free, but it is not standard. It is usually a special offer.You might strike lucky. I bought mine from a not local aquarium shop and we collected it ourselves. I found the same tank at a nearer lfs and his price was virtually the same and he would deliver for a "nominal charge". We never found out that would be as the place I actually got it from was offering a £30 fish voucher (with no time limit) which swung the deal! Hope you find what you want. :)

To bad yall don't have walmart.
Maybe you should become a betta fanatic, that'll keep you very busy :nod:

They appear to be pretty lazy in stores that keep them in tiny containers, thats true, but once you bring them home, and give them a good sized tank and clean water, they can be VERY active. The warmer the water, the more active they are, is what I've found. Get him some ghost shrimp to chace around and he'll be happy.

I had a betta in an unheated 1G, then I moved him to a heated 5G and he was practically a new betta! He was sooo much more active!
Trust me on this...It sounds kinda funny, but its true!!

Indeed.
Instead of spend the money of a new tank, why not try planting?
Looks fantastic if done well.

i already have a few plants here and there but maybe i will go fully planted it is true that this will present a whole new prospect to fish keeping. Cheers everyone :D

Hi, Tetrafan, I can't remember which site it was. I was specifically looking for a Juwel tank so I typed Juwel into Google. The free delivery was just a special offer, but they might do it again. If you find one in a shop fairly near where you live they might deliver for not too much money. When he said "nominal fee" I was thinking something like £5 - 10 . Sorry about the delay in answering, I have only just gone online today. :)

Hi i need a new tank as i am getting bored of my other two.
Do any of you know where i could buy a new (that rules out ebay) cheapish tank that is say... 20 uk gallons or more?

Why does that rule out Ebay?
many shop now have ebay accounts and you can buy "new" and "unused"
just alter your search params to show new first.

have you considered attempting to make your own? price the glass & the silicon up & you might just find its just as cheep to buy it & a lot less hassle

Most reactions

Back