Oh Boy...

griddlebone

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm kinda upset today after i came back from work. I work at a petstore and one of the regular customers said that they had been threw 4 bettas in in the 6 or 7 months and they had no clue why. So i asked them what they kept him in and how often they changed his water and they said he was in a vase and they only changed his water when it looked dirty( which i late found out they changed at the 5 or 6 week mark). So I told them that they are fish and cannot live in bowls and need a tank with a filter like every other fish. She was shocked and a bit sad because she didnt know this and immediatly wanted to get a small filtered tank for her fish.

Then, my manager comes by and the customer tells her how she was going to get a tank for her betta. my manager tells her that the tank can kill her betta and she cant put one in there. she said that bettas dont like water that flows and it stresses them out. Thats when I said she could use plants to provide cover and my manager said that she should keep him in the vase and change the water every 2 weeks because if she did it every 6 months( like the customer was used to) the change from unclean to clean water would kill the fish, NOT THE AMMONIA IN THE VASE AFTER 6 MONTHS. the customer completely dismissed me and said she would change thewater every 2 weeks...

things like this make me upset. how do i get people to believe me if my boss keeps telling people this stupid garbage?! i like my boss, shes very nice but some of the stuff she says....what should I do?! I even showed the customer pictures on my phone of my betta tanks and everything and my boss jsut comes out and says im wrong.

yea, i should defintely do that, when my boss isnt around. I havent given up on her yet, I think i can still get her to buy a tank, I jsut need timing. its just upsetting to hearing people who are supposed to know about fish tell people who dont know a thing stuff thats not true.

God that must be so annoying! In any job, but especially when there are animals involved :(

Wow, I think i'd want to throw some serious dagger eyes at your cow of a boss :<

Good luck on trying to convince her... I mean any half-decent attempt at research of bettas online could show her that they need more WC's than every 6 bloomin' months!!! :shout: I think the vases are disgusting and should be banned.

Most reactions

Back