Of Hydro Filter

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tracy83

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi again ,, was just wondering if anyone uses the of hydro filter ,, and if so any reviews about it please,, thankyou x

Never hear of that before... if you are looking for a filter (depending on your tank size) I can give you some good brands.

Hi again ,, was just wondering if anyone uses the of hydro filter ,, and if so any reviews about it please,, thankyou x

If you mean the Hydro Sponge Filters, yes I have one. I prefer the slimmer sponge filter, only because it is easier to deal with in an aquarium due to being less bulky. But they are good sponge filters. Photos of the Hydro line so we are talking about the same thing, and a dual sponge like the ones I use in my display tanks.

Attachments

• Hydro Sponge Filter.jpg
    Hydro Sponge Filter.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Hydro sponge filters.jpg
    Hydro sponge filters.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 58
  • sponge filter.jpg
    sponge filter.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 76
If you mean the Hydro Sponge Filters, yes I have one. I prefer the slimmer sponge filter, only because it is easier to deal with in an aquarium due to being less bulky. But they are good sponge filters. Photos of the Hydro line so we are talking about the same thing, and a dual sponge like the ones I use in my display tanks.
Hi this is the ond I am talking about x

PFK was not impressed https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/features/review-ocean-free-hydra-30-internal-filter/

I found a review on another forum where a member tested the claims by using it for a fishless cycle - i.e. adding ammonia to a new tank. It took the tank just as long to clear the ammonia as a regular fishless cycle and he still got a nitrite spike. His conclusion was that it did not work as claimed and the supplier refunded his money. I would stick to traditional biological filtration in a biological system as the bacteria will build up anyway and are free.

Its expensive for a small internal filter. Depending on your fish you would be better off with a sponge filter like the ones @Byron posted or a regular internal or HOB.

Most reactions

Back