Oddballs

Ceylon Puffers.

8174355l6do.jpg

sorry about the poor quality. And the tank was dirty at the time.

West African Lungfish (protopterus Annectens)
aquariumpics040.jpg

Eels and silver dollars
aquariumpics036.jpg

I got it from my local fish store in Florida. I got the lungfish in february at 8 inches, now it is 15 inches. Its only not even half grown too. Dont try this at home though african lungfish are known to kill anything in site, I just got really lucky with mine. It has only killed one thing but when i thought of giving it away but I just couldnt. Every time I look at it i just :drool:

A man offerd me one yesterday. They can live out of water for months and also can eat mice or so i have heard. Sorry to post steal but JOx what else is in that tank of yours?

Right now in that tank it is pretty overstocked. Some of the fish are only going to be there while the 180 gallon is being set up but here is a list.

15 inch West African Lungfish
12 inch Fire Eel
9 inch Tire Track Eel
6.5 inch Zigzag Eel
6.5 inch Sun Catfish
7 inch Lima Shovelnose Catfish
5 inch Synodontis Eupterus
3.5 inch Silver Sollarsx2
8 inch Senegal Bichir

I take my lungfish out of the water sometimes but only because my lungfish knows me. Most lungfish will bite anything that comes near them. And as for keeping him with other fish he knows food is at the top of the water and that I am the one who gives him food. If I was constantly giving him feeder fish he would think that food is in the tank he just has to find it, therefore he would kill other fish thinking they are food. I dont know if that works with every lungfish, but it has worked for mine. But if you decide to get an african lungfish always have a spare tank just in case.

I dont have any now but I'll get some of me holding it or if not he or she out of the water ASAP.

I believe that I have said it befor, and I will say it again but jox u have an awesome stock list.

here's some of my pics,

last%20(2).JPG

bad pic of rope fish
nt%20(4).JPG

giant gourami
nt%20(3).JPG

arowana
nt%20(5).JPG

This guy is from Pier aquatics (so i dont want anyone to think that i am taking the credit for having an awesome fish)
pier%20bas%20(10).JPG

i dont know why but one of the pics on the post above isnt working so i will try and post i again.

pier%20bas%20(10).JPG

Heres some of mine, there are a few more camera shy ones which refuse to play ball.

African pike
A_oddball_AP.jpg

African tiger fish
A_oddball_ATF.jpg

Golden dorado
A_oddball_Dorado.jpg

jardini arowana
A_oddball_jardini.jpg

silver arowana
A_odball_silver_arow.jpg

motoro stingrays
A_oddball_rays.jpg

false siamese tiger (lip locking with a peacock bass)
A_oddball_STF.jpg

fire eel
A_oddball_fire_eel.jpg

marbled sleaper goby
A_oddball_marble_sleaper.jpg

toadfish
a_toadfish.jpg

frogmouth catfish
Chaca.jpg

fat sleaper goby
jade_goby.jpg

royal knife fish